|Model:||SUPER DUTY 4X4 WITH CUSTOM POP TOP CAMPER BUILD|
|City, St:||Minden, NV|
This rig is located in Minden, Nevada, 50 miles south of Reno.
For sale is our 2015 Super Duty 4x4
I bought this truck new in Nov. 2014. It is a plain Jane XL work truck with rubber mats, manual windows and a regular cab for simple, real world functionality. For power it has the awesome 6.7 Turbo Diesel and Torque Shift 6-speed automatic along with a lever actuated transfer case. It also came with Ford’s smooth working locking rear diff.
In April 2015 we took possession of a custom ordered Four Wheel Pop-Up camper. This is a Finch Shell model, designed the fit a Toyota Tacoma sized truck. I wanted the camper to not stick out beyond the Ford’s cab width. See specs and photos below for details about the camper. Once I had the camper I removed the stock 8’ pickup bed and built a custom, 9’ flat bed around the size of the camper, utilizing Knapheide steel tool boxes down both sides. A spare tire is tucked between the cab and camper along was two NATO fuel cans and two, 5 gallon water jugs. In the back is a handy three foot “porch” with “white picket fence” railing and a tailgate that folds down into a full width step.
I have used this truck mainly as a tow rig for my enclosed race car trailer or to tow a rock crawler to Moab, etc. We have camped in it many times at race tracks and jeeping events or along the road getting to these adventures. The build is total overkill for what we’ve used it for. The truck has never been “Overlanded” and it’s only big off road adventure was a trip in the San Juan mountains of Colorado including doing Black Bear pass. The right lower rocker has scares to prove it!
The only reason we are selling this rig is because we bought a Quigley E-350 diesel van to use as our tow rig. We are van people at heart and own a VW Syncro that we’ve driven from Deadhorse AK to Ushuaia, Argentina and lived in for two years and 40,000 miles. We like being able to get from the steering wheel to the beer and the bed in one move! If you want to know more about us and our adventures check out our blog at Charlottamiles.com.
Below is a list of modifications done to the truck and details about the camper’s amenities.
- Truck currently has 60,000 miles.
- Tires are 35” General Grabbers with about 40% tread left.
- Wheels are Trail Ready forged aluminum.
- Springs are stock with a 2” leveling block in front and Air Lift air bags in the rear.
- Shocks are adjustable Rancho 9000s
- Gearing is stock Ford 3.73 with locking rear diff. (Ford Sterling) Front is open Dana 60.
- Front bumper is a Trail Ready. The design is a custom, one-off built for the Ultimate Adventure Super Dirty Project in 2012. Darian at Buckstop (the company that builds TR’s bumpers) was kind enough to build me a duplicate. It is “winch ready” (I’m keeping the winch)
- Randy Ellis Design rock rails and lower door panel rock guards built by me.
- Titan 30 gal. aux. fuel tank with transfer pump to main tank and custom alum. skid plate.
- Ford Class 5 receiver hitch.
- Custom built flat bed is .120 wall mild steel and is powder coated.
- Engine and Trans. are bone stock (no chips, DEF deletes, etc) Engine has had 5000mi oil changes with only Ford products. Tranny and Cooling System were serviced at 50,000mi. I have all receipts for everything ever done to this truck.
- Interior is super clean and stock. Stereo is Ford unit with CD and MP3. Rubber mat, manual windows and locks, manual seats, simple and basic.
- Camper is a “shell” model meaning it is not built out with cabinets, couches, etc. It starts as a basic shell and the customer adds what he wants... We added:
- Two burner stove
- High output propane heater
- Winter package thermal wrap around the tent material
- Two propane bottles
- Two AGM deep cycle batteries
- 100 W Zapa Solar panel
- Famia 8 foot awning
- Fantastic roof vent
- LED lighting
- Jack Brackets
- 12V aux plugs
- 1250 watt inverter
- Sliding window to front
- Smooth Fiberglass exterior siding
- Included in the sale is a brand new, never used, portable Honeywell air conditioning unit that I fitted to work in the camper.
- We utilized an Engel portable fridge which is not included in the sale.
Thanks for looking and please call me or email with any questions you may have.
|See this dealer's truck inventory|
Viewed 514 Times