This 13' Calico 2H slant with swing-wall dressing room just arrived. While Calico will build a 12' 2H slant, that one has a narrow rear stall. In our 13-footer, both stalls are approximately the same size. Body height is another area where we specify a bit more for the comfort of your horses This one's 7' tall. If you have ponies, 6'6" might work, but even if you have small to medium sized horses, they'll find this 7' body height more inviting.
Please note that when we show a price for a Calico, it's for a well-equipped, ready to use trailer. We don't list a low price and then make you spend hundreds more for mats, spare tire, comfortable height for horses, etc. And we don't tack on dealer fees to run up the price!
These swing-wall slants are popular because they're versatile, easy-to-handle and very affordable. That swinging wall dressing room makes this a multi-use trailer. Lift the Saddle Boss racks out of their mounts, swing aside the stall divider & dressing room wall and you have an open trailer. Great for hauling hay, a small tractor, ATVs, livestock or a variety of other non-horse cargoes.
Part of the appeal of a Calico is its functionality and part of the appeal is appearance. The Calico rounded nose looks good, but it also splits the air as you go down the road. Another aspect combining looks & function is the finish. Calico's multi-step prep, prime & paint process produces a glossy finish. For quite some time, they've been caulking seams to minimize the chance of rust formation in areas where it's hard to get paint to penetrate. In 2016, they took things a step further and went to a urethane paint with hardener. In our experience, their acrylic enamel held up well, but Calico's tests showed that the urethane with hardener should be even more durable and resistant to abrasion and chipping. Urethane paints have been on the market for many years, so the technology is proven.
Here are some key features on this versatile Calico stock combo (some are standard and some are options, but all are included in the listed price):
* 13' body length
* 7' body height
* 6' body width
* Rear stall approximately same width as front stall (In 12' 2H slant, rear stall is about 1 foot narrower)
* Empty weight approximately 2580 lbs. Well built, but not super heavy.
* Swing-wall dressing room with front window, two removable Saddle Boss saddle racks, several bridle hooks and light
* With the swing-wall dressing room, open up the interior to use the trailer for other uses
* Stall divider is easily removable and has a fast-action latch (just flip a lever to retract or extend; no need to line up a pin!).
* Divider telescopes so you can close the rear gate when the divider is against the wall.
* Standard escape door on first stall
* Standard rear gate (although if you prefer a ramp, ramp options are offered by Calico)
* Rubber floor mats
* Interior lights
* Padded chain across rear opening
* Smooth-riding torsion axles with 16" Load Range E Radials (the same size tires you'll see on many 3-4 horse and small LQ trailers - very generous for a bumper pull!)
* Brakes on both axles (brakes on one axle are standard on Calico, but we specify brakes on both axles; a low-cost investment for greater safety)
* Spare tire
* Stone guards on nose and fender fronts
* Door tiebacks (they're optional, but tiebacks are one of those useful touches we specify on our Calicos - no doors swinging in the breeze! And included in our price!)
* Structure prepped, primed & seams caulked before application of top coat of urethane with hardener
* Color: Pueblo Gold with Medium Suede pinstripes
As shown on this trailer, livestock air gaps offer a bright and well-ventilated interior, while keeping the price down, but Calico will build this trailer with windows if you prefer. Drop-down feed door options are offered as well.
Calico has been offering well-made, value-priced trailers since 1983 and Traveled Lane has been selling them since 2008. We invite you to visit Traveled Lane to see our great selection of Calicos (or spec out a custom Calico to be built to your requirements). Folks shopping for a used trailer are often surprised to find that a new Calico, even a custom one, is within the budget.
Shown in Pueblo Gold with Medium Suede pinstripes.
Prices include freight to our dealership, but exclude tax, title and registration. No surprise dealer fees!
Financing available with approved credit. We install hitches and accessories and service most brands!
Traveled Lane Trailers - Quality products and helpful advice in a no-pressure-to-buy atmosphere.