'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
restoring old Stidham trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-04-20 9:54 PM
4 replies, 8407 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

4everenbluejeans
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-04-14 8:48 PM (#81923)
Subject: restoring old Stidham trailer

We found a 1984 Stidham 2 H bumper pull tihs week end and want to restore it.  My husband is taking out the all wood now and will repair all the rust, etc.  He was wondering how the wood goes back in and gets secured.  There are some bolt heads but he can't figure out how they were put in.  Also we will need to replace some latches on the manger doors.  Anyone know of sources for that stuff?  I want to put it back like it was in it's glory days.  It is neat, has the big bus windows on the sides, big manger doors.  it is 5'5" with and 6'7" tall, which is tall for an older trailer.   With a new floor and the otehr, it will be sort of neat to have.  Our first trailer was a Stidham in MI when I was a teen. ( 10 years ago?! LOL)

I had a nice 2 horse slant that they built for me, but when the grand kids came along, I needed more space.  My dream is to have one of their new style trailers some day.

We have a 3 horse goose for shows, but wanted something for short runs to the vet, etc.  With fuel prices, this trailer will be nice and handy.

thanks

Jeanne

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
heritagelanefarm
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2008-04-15 6:23 AM (#81941 - in reply to #81923)
Subject: RE: restoring old Stidham trailer

Veteran

I would go on the Stidham website and e-mail Robbie Stidham, or give him a call. It is a family owned business, and I am sure they would be more than happy to help. Robbie is the grandson of the founder of Stidham trailers. My first trailer was a 1970 Stidham 2 horse bumper pull, and after 38 years, I still own a Stidham! My current one is a 2003 2 horse SL/DR, GN.

Brenda

4everenbluejeans
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-04-20 10:08 AM (#82304 - in reply to #81923)

Thanks Brenda,

I actually know Rob and did call him this week.   He is a great guy & he gave me some good ideas.  We are not going to go back with the wood on the walls.  We will do the insulation and rubber walls.  Rob can help me get what we need to finish and I am excited.  We have literally gutted the trailer, floors, walls and even ths dies are off.  My son welds, so I am lucky to have that labor covered!

As far as trailers go, I feel Sitdham ins the best one out there.  When you make something and put your personal name on it, you want it to be great

We means my husband and son! LOL

Jeanne

okeydar
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-04-20 3:46 PM (#82317 - in reply to #81923)

I am so happy to read the glowing reports on this family business as they are building me a 2 horse GN right now. They have went out of their way to please me and make sure I get the trailer I want.  Can't wait.

(I guess I will have to check my posts after I push the submit button. This is the second one that didn't have my complete message.

Edited by okeydar 2008-04-21 5:37 PM
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-04-20 9:54 PM (#82330 - in reply to #81923)

Expert

This place is good for lots of latches and fittings, odds and ends...

http://www.horsetraileraccessorystore.com/trailer_parts.htm

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)