'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
convection vs. stove top??

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-15 4:51 PM
5 replies, 3466 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

amysbean
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2008-03-13 8:34 PM (#79523)
Subject: convection vs. stove top??

Regular

i have noticed that many of the higher end trailers do not have a stove top (burners) but instead have a convection oven.  looks like it frees up some counter space.

i have never used a convection oven.  (i hardly use my oven here at the house for that matter!)  i am guessing the cost is pretty high since i only see them in the more expensive trailers.

do they really take the place of both a microwave and a stove top? or oven?  are they worth the extra money?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-03-13 10:57 PM (#79532 - in reply to #79523)
Subject: RE: convection vs. stove top??

Expert

They are pretty expensive for a house oven,I'm not sure about in trailers,I would imagine they are.Jenn-Aire was the first convection oven I believe.They work off of forced air to cook faster.I would think if you spent a lot of time on the road in a trailer,it might be worth it,otherwise,I've not seen anything I can't cook on the stove or in a microwave that doesn't satisfy my hunger so far.
rockyrider
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2008-03-14 6:20 AM (#79541 - in reply to #79523)

Extreme Veteran

We use a combination  Microwave/Convection oven, and no cooktop. The oven does not take the place of the cooktop, just like your oven in house does not take place of cook top.Don't remember the cost but I think was reasonable.We love it. Sure is nice to have bisquits for breakfast or bake a pie.Did not go with a cooktop for several reasons. Space was one, having clean look countertop, also really did not want cooking odors and humidity inside the bedroom. We use Coleman stove on picnic table outside for anything you would cook on cooktop. We also use the crockpot alot. Nothing like plugging in the crock pot just before saddling up for nice ride, and when you ride back into camp smelling that wonderful smell. Just throw in a couple of bisquits in convetion oven...... this is making me hungry.
soundhorse
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2008-03-14 7:50 AM (#79547 - in reply to #79523)

Regular

We have the convection/Microwave and the cooktop. Don't eliminate the cooktop. The jury is still out on the convection oven in our trailer. I have installed them in the homes we build, never had the chance to use one till now.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-03-14 8:17 AM (#79549 - in reply to #79541)

Expert

I buy Pillsbury microwave biscuits when I want to have biscuits camping.THey aren't like ones made in a skillet over a fire,tho.
brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-03-15 4:51 PM (#79630 - in reply to #79523)

I love my convection oven in my trailer. It is nice to be able to toast and broil without having to cart a big toaster oven around. I very rarely use my stovetop but since it is recessed under a cover, it is never in my way. I believe the convection microwaves are alot bigger than the microwave by itself. So the added cost might not be the only factor. I think they only run a couple of hundred more from the conversion company. I also have a convection microwave in my house. For me, it is the convience of being able to warm up the leftovers from when we go out to eat without have to nuke it. The grilled cheese sandwiches done in the convection oven are always a big hit as is the rotesserie baked chicken. The down side to the convection microwave is that it has to have electricity to run plus you have to remember to never push the microwave button when the convection metal tray or rotesserie is in place. If you are dry camping, you can always use your propane stovetop to make coffee early in the morning without fear of waking anybody with the generator.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)