'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Dwight Question for you

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-05 9:33 PM
2 replies, 3351 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-03-04 9:46 AM (#78619)
Subject: Dwight Question for you

Veteran

Since your from Ky. was wondering if you could reccomend some of your favorite places to ride in Ky. Looking to go to Tn. and/or Ky. this year. would like to have elec. and water hook ups. But if the riding is really good would go to primitive for a couple days. Thanks in advance.
Happy Trails
Shari
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-03-05 7:17 AM (#78682 - in reply to #78619)
Subject: RE: Dwight Question for you

Extreme Veteran

Shari - We love to ride Mammoth Cave.  There are two camps both with electric.  Double J Stables and D bar K campground.  Double J has been there for years and has trail access right out of camp.  D bar K is brand new and very nice.  You would have to ride across the road to the trail head, but it's not a big deal.  Neither camp has much shade for the electric sites.

Our favorite trails from that trailhead are Wet Prong and Good Springs.  (Wet Prong crosses the creek about 12 times)  There are other trail heads that would be a short trailer ride from the camps.  But there is enough directly from camp to keep you busy for a weekend.

Contact me if you come.  Maybe we could come ride with you for a day.

Long C Trailride is on the KY/TN border.  Just don't go during hunting season as many of the trails are closed during that time.  It's a small family owned camp.  Electric, nice bath house, good shade.  NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED.

We really enjoyed Red Hill in eastern KY.  That would be a pretty long haul from ILL.  The riding was very challenging and scenic.  Terrific stalls, shady sites.  Only two bathrooms, one for men and one for women.  You just have to wait your turn.

We used to enjoy Willow Creek in western KY.  I have heard they shut down but am not sure.

Of course there is also Land Between the Lakes and Green River.  However, being from ILL, I'm assuming you've ridden the beautiful Shawnee Forest.  If so, LBL and GR would not be challenging enough for you.  (JMO)

We are headed to the Shawnee for Memorial weekend!  Went there two years ago and just loved it.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

RIDE ON!

rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2008-03-05 9:33 PM (#78765 - in reply to #78619)
Subject: RE: Dwight Question for you

Circle E at Belvidere, TN is very nice

Natchez Trace at Wildersville, TN is very nice

from Dwight's friend Rose

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format