'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
93 Trail et Two horse with Mid tack ... Thoughts

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-01-10 9:45 AM
4 replies, 3357 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

absw76
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-01-09 9:58 AM (#74093)
Subject: 93 Trail et Two horse with Mid tack ... Thoughts

New User

I am looking at buying a 93 Trailet with a mid tack.  Two horse slant.  I am told extra wide and extra tall, but the are not sure how much extra. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the price I should pay for this trailer and if it still could last another 5 yrs.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-01-09 11:46 PM (#74138 - in reply to #74093)
Subject: RE: 93 Trail et Two horse with Mid tack ... Thoughts

Expert

While you are considering your purchase of this trailer, I would carefully inspect the frame, especially under the axles and reward to the back. It is steel and quickly rusts when used in the North East. Also pull the mats and check the condition of the floor, especially the back third. Check the hinge hardware on the drop down windows and the condition of the drop down bars. Check the alignment and hardware on all the other doors.

It would be wise to know when the last service was performed on the wheel bearings. The axle capacities are marginal and if not properly maintained, the bearings can quickly fail.

The wiring harness behind the plug has had issues, and it would be wise to check the roof structure surrounding the A/C unit, for cracks and flexing

I would also pole other owners of Trailets to get their views of ownership

Gard

sskinner
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2008-01-10 9:40 AM (#74153 - in reply to #74093)

Regular

We have owned two Trail-ets, one a '95 BP and now a 00'GN. We liked the first one so well that Trail-et topped our list of brands to consider when we were shopping. Both trailers have been easy to maintain and pulled great - I liked the fiberglass roof & wood floors. The 95 was in almost showroom condition when we sold it last year - it was kept shedded & washed, and out of the salt. I had bought it intending to keep it for 20 years but since we didn't have room in the shed for two, one had to go. Trail-ets seem to hold their resale well, and if the trailer you are looking at is in good shape, I see no reason why it shouldn't last 5 or more years easy. As far as price, this site is a good place to comparison shop!
absw76
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-01-10 9:44 AM (#74154 - in reply to #74093)

New User

Thank you for your input. 
absw76
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2008-01-10 9:45 AM (#74155 - in reply to #74138)

New User

Thank  you I will take a careful look at it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)