'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Lakeview Plantation/Broxton Bridge in S. Carolina

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-10-28 8:06 PM
4 replies, 3764 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

galsgottaride
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-10-23 6:48 PM (#69868)
Subject: Lakeview Plantation/Broxton Bridge in S. Carolina

Veteran

Planning a first visit to Lakeview Plantation in Fairfax, S.C. Please give info about campsites (large? easy in/out? level?)and trails.Also, Broxton Bridge Camp is about 20 miles from Lakeview and have heard it might be a good place to go. Any pros/cons would be helpful......Thanks!!

Edited by galsgottaride 2007-11-01 7:36 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
mud_dog
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2007-10-24 6:23 AM (#69883 - in reply to #69868)
Subject: RE: Lakeview Plantation/BraxtonRidge in S. Carolina

Regular

We went to both places a couple of years ago. They are both easy in for all sizes of rigs. Both have panel corrals for your horses, or you can tie out at Lakeview. Similar riding at both places, sandy level trails. I guess the only thing I didn't like is both places charge a "trail use" fee on top of a fee for your campsite and corrals. At Broxton Bridge, we paid in advance and one of the days we were there, we chose to go see Savanna. We didn't get our trail use fee for that day refunded. I just don't understand places that charge this fee. If you bring you horse, naturally you're going to want to use the trails. Places like East Fork (also privately owned) don't charge this fee.
kershawsowner
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-10-24 12:36 PM (#69914 - in reply to #69868)

Veteran

just went to east fork and they do charge a trail fee also.. its a one time fee for i think 10 bucks a person. if you stay one day or 10.. i dont understand the ride fee either i guess its to help keep trails marked and cleaned up.. i think it would go over better to just add it into the price... happy trails
iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-10-24 6:36 PM (#69925 - in reply to #69914)

Extreme Veteran

Eastfork does charge a rider fee and I think they are the only place in TN that does.
galsgottaride
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-10-28 8:06 PM (#70127 - in reply to #69883)

Veteran

Mud-Dog, thanks for the info..I want a nice, quiet camp where I can be away from all of the "party" stuff if I choose...Are there any sites you think are better than others? Is there a time to be off the trails? Jerry said they ride from 9:30-3:30, but that I could ride on my own, etc. If you could pick between the two...what would be your choice/why? ( Sounds like some essay test question, eh?!!!) I enjoy history . Are the trails wooded? Water on trails? Appreciate your help in advance!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)