'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Favorite and least favorite horse camps in Shawnee

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-10-11 10:19 AM
25 replies, 8031 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

FarmGirl
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2007-10-11 10:19 AM (#69219 - in reply to #67002)
Subject: RE: Favorite and least favorite horse camps in Shawnee

I've been to Shawnee several times and have stayed at Bear Branch, Little Lusk Trail Lodge, 34 Ranch and have tent camped at Giant City (unfortunately our trailer doesn't have LQ, so we usually stay somewhere w/cabins or lodge). Bear Branch is okay - nice because of the restaurant and you have access to some decent trails. Little Lusk is my favorite place to stay, but I agree with the other posts that you must ride a while before you get to the scenic trails. 34 Ranch was okay too but they didn't have the bridle tags to buy, so I'm not even sure it was legal to ride the trails there. The ride out to One Horse Gap from 34 Ranch was a really nice ride though. If you have LQ, the trails at Giant City are superb and the horse campground is very nice too. Nice heated shower house w/flush toilets, so you're really not roughing it. The trail there is a 12-mile loop that is very well marked. You ride through some nice bluffs and you can go off the main trail and ride down into a cave. There are some nice hills and I think the trail is very scenic. Hope you & your friends have a nice ride!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)