'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Remove Black Streaks & Brighten Bare Aluminum Trailers

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-06-18 11:31 PM
58 replies, 25466 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Grizzly2k1
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-06-02 10:23 AM (#61669 - in reply to #61662)
Subject: RE: Cleaning your trailer - New Advertiser

Read the posts! You keep side steping the question! Why is you product better than others? other than the fact you have "CHEMIST with MATER DEGREES" thats all we want to know! you say you have this new technology! what is it? it shouldn't be a secret! you should have a patent on it!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Puddintame
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-06-02 11:30 AM (#61674 - in reply to #61136)
Subject: RE: Remove Black Streaks & Brighten Bare Aluminum Trailers

I was looking at horse trailers at a dealership when they took in a dirty trade.  They had some miracle cleaner that the worker mixed up in a 5 gallon bucket and brushed on with a flat broom and hosed off.  WOW - that trailer looked like NEW in 8 minutes!  He wouldn't tell me the name of the stuff.  Said they buy it in bulk.

Anyone know?

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-06-02 12:04 PM (#61678 - in reply to #61136)

Expert

Yea, it's called......... A-C-I-D!!!
Puddintame
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-06-03 8:10 AM (#61709 - in reply to #61136)

Ok, what kind of ACID and where do I get it?
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-06-03 8:24 AM (#61712 - in reply to #61709)

Expert

Originally written by Puddintame on 2007-06-03 8:10 AM

Ok, what kind of ACID and where do I get it?

You can buy it in bulk and break it down into end user sized quantities, a nice little side biz if you can get all the right permits for repackaging it.

Option b) Just go to a truck wash place and ask for an aluminum trailer wash.
Don't ask for an acid wash they'll deny that they have or use it.

Fleet Pride is one of the better outlets around here (New England) if you REALLY want to buy, store and handle this stuff yourself.

DO know what you're doing, keep it off glass, rinse it off thoroughly, don't leave it on too long, know where your rinse water is going, etc.
Again, the simple answer it to go to a truck wash and have it done.

marym
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-06-03 11:48 PM (#61741 - in reply to #61136)

ended up buying "Acid enhanced Trailer Brightener". FPPF chemical co inc Buffalo NY 1-800-735-3773 (thats on the gallon jug) That is what the lable name reads. I got it from Cat Co in Fargo ND but I'm sure it is carried alot of places. I think it was $29. a gallon. Did my trailer 2x less then 1/2 the container. It works great...I put it in a garden sprayer set it to the ratio needed and spray it on a few seconds and ta da it looks great just like the name Trailer Brightener, it Brightened my DULL 4 star up in seconds. I thought it was a secret? when I called the trailer dealers they had no idea what to use?? I mean really I called 4 star where they make the trailer no one knew? or called back like they said they would to let me know.. Oh well I now know how to make them look new....Thanks MaryM
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-06-04 8:59 AM (#61758 - in reply to #61741)

Expert

M,I'm sure you know this: don't get it on your glass.
KAB
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-06-06 7:00 PM (#61904 - in reply to #61669)

When I have a trailer problem I jump over to this forum and see if I can get answers. I usually find the answer without even posting.

My aluminum and white skinned trailer got out of hand and when I had it done last at the truck wash with the brightner it still looked like crap. I started to ask about a cleaner I could use myself. I came over to this forum and saw the advertisement for this product. I was skeptical and my husband told me to save my money..

A few weeks ago I saw the advertisement again on BHW. When I saw..Money Back Guarntee..I thought why not? I ordered but kept everything I needed so I could send it back. LOL

Yesterday my husband and I got after it with him telling me it wasn't going to get the oxidation, bugs and black streaks off and the Aluminum brightner wasn't going to cut thru whatever I got on it when I went to the carwash to fix what the truck wash didn't.

We were both amazed as the bugs, oxidation and streaks came off the white skin so easily. The Aluminun Brightner was even easier to use..WoW!

Thanks Greg and thanks for being so nice on the phone when I asked a bunch of questions..Love both of these products and highly recommend them!

The first picture is before..and the last two after. Now we need to wax it. Anyone know an easy wax to put on and take off?

Edited by KAB 2007-06-06 7:24 PM
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-06-06 10:29 PM (#61914 - in reply to #61904)

Expert

I'm glad you didn't waste your money,and I am glad he was so nice to you on the phone.

I couldn't get the man to give me the time of day in any email I sent asking him honest and polite questions about his stuff.

KAB
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-06-06 10:46 PM (#61915 - in reply to #61914)

Originally written by crowleysridgegirl on 2007-06-06 10:29 PM

I'm glad you didn't waste your money,and I am glad he was so nice to you on the phone.

I couldn't get the man to give me the time of day in any email I sent asking him honest and polite questions about his stuff.

I'm sorry..I got confused on using the cleaner for my white skin..I e-mailed him at night and had a reply the next morning. He asked for my number so he could call me and gave me his number. I called and he explained what I needed..

Just for the record..My username on BHW is Nevertooold..I usually just lurk over here. I've gotten a lot of useful info on this site..I got all of my Goodyear trailer tires replaced on my trailer because of info I got on this site..

I hate wasting money and that's why I shared..

cutter4life
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-06-07 6:34 PM (#61969 - in reply to #61136)

Regular

Anybody else notice that the trailer in the photos is shown from different sides? At first I thought "wow" that sure is alot cleaner and then I started looking and realized that the "dirty and streaked" photos showed under manger storage doors and part of a logo/decal and the "clean and shiny" photos did not show this same area. Now I am wondering if the before and after photos are of the same trailer??

I think we all would like to know how this product works. So many manufacturers tout that they have products that clean and brighten aluminum and so many of them are not worth a dime.

Maybe Mr Truck should get a dirty dingy aluminum trailer and put this stuff to the test! 

Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-06-07 6:49 PM (#61971 - in reply to #61969)

Expert

Originally written by cutter4life on 2007-06-07 6:34 PM

Anybody else notice that the trailer in the photos is shown from different sides? At first I thought "wow" that sure is alot cleaner and then I started looking and realized that the "dirty and streaked" photos showed under manger storage doors and part of a logo/decal and the "clean and shiny" photos did not show this same area. Now I am wondering if the before and after photos are of the same trailer??

I think we all would like to know how this product works. So many manufacturers tout that they have products that clean and brighten aluminum and so many of them are not worth a dime.

Maybe Mr Truck should get a dirty dingy aluminum trailer and put this stuff to the test!

Why not me ?
If I got a free sample and it worked wonders I would be only too PLEASED to extol it's virtues.
Given the skeptic that I'm known (here) to be, what BETTER endorsement ?

Of course, it would have to actually WORK and really BE better than what I use now - - acid rain in Massachusetts (-:
KAB
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-06-07 7:03 PM (#61972 - in reply to #61969)

Originally written by cutter4life on 2007-06-07 6:34 PM

Anybody else notice that the trailer in the photos is shown from different sides? At first I thought "wow" that sure is alot cleaner and then I started looking and realized that the "dirty and streaked" photos showed under manger storage doors and part of a logo/decal and the "clean and shiny" photos did not show this same area. Now I am wondering if the before and after photos are of the same trailer??

I took the pictures...It's on a 2001 Barrett and I have a bad manger door that I was suppose to send back to the manufacturer. The Glue reacted with the inside and started to eat the door and it looks like crap...so I took the other side..So tomorrow I will take a picture of the other side to show you. The before on that side was worse so that is why I took a close-up of it..Okay?

I did have one..so now you can see my defective door..

Edited by KAB 2007-06-07 7:51 PM
KAB
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-06-07 7:53 PM (#61974 - in reply to #61136)

I couldn't add them to my original post...

Cutter4Life you need to change your name to Doubting Thomas..

My manger is defective and I will get around to sending it back..My husband put some body putty on it and then painted over it last year..it continues to bubble and eat through it..If you doubt that also..I can take close-up pictures of it too but I can't do that until tomorrow...My camera is in my husbands car and he is out trap shooting tonight.

Cutter...I'm sorry if it ticks you off that this stuff works..it does and I will recommend it to all my friends..After I wax it and get my tires clean..I'll repost for your viewing.

Yes..I paid for it...would you like to see my e-mail receipt?

I also use eZall on my horse..would you like to see before and after pictures from both sides...He doesn't have a defective manger..

Edited by KAB 2007-06-07 8:10 PM
Longrider
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-06-07 9:26 PM (#61987 - in reply to #61136)

Extreme Veteran

These are the same guys that doubt everything. I remember posting about when I needed my US Rider road service and posted about the great service on this site. Dang, it took these guys almost 2 years to become members because they were "unsure" about a so-called motor club that would take care of trailer tires, dually tires, and even finding a location for the horses if you were hauling them. I was a little hesitant to join having been a member of AAA for over 20 years, but I thought I'll give them a try. I have dropped AAA like a hot potato and never looked back. I've also ordered some cleaner from Greg and can't wait to give it a try. I conversed with him over the phone about 15 minutes- he's very polite and friendly and addressed all of my questions. I have an open mind and still learning something every day.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-06-07 10:07 PM (#61988 - in reply to #61987)

Expert

Maybe I need to just try calling him.He may just be too busy selling cleaner,ect. to answer emails.I'm certainly not opposed to trying something that makes a trailer look that good after use, myself.

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-06-07 10:14 PM (#61989 - in reply to #61988)

Expert

Just dawned on dummy me,and I'll be the first to admit it.

I've been emailing him from this site,not his business site.DUUUUH!!!

I imagine he's kissed this site goodbye some time ago.I'll try his site,imagine that he might answer quicker.like I said,busy selling cleaner,not sitting and reading HTW all time.

KAB
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-06-07 11:15 PM (#61994 - in reply to #61987)

Originally written by Longrider on 2007-06-07 9:26 PM

These are the same guys that doubt everything. I remember posting about when I needed my US Rider road service and posted about the great service on this site. Dang, it took these guys almost 2 years to become members because they were "unsure" about a so-called motor club that would take care of trailer tires, dually tires, and even finding a location for the horses if you were hauling them. I was a little hesitant to join having been a member of AAA for over 20 years, but I thought I'll give them a try. I have dropped AAA like a hot potato and never looked back. I've also ordered some cleaner from Greg and can't wait to give it a try. I conversed with him over the phone about 15 minutes- he's very polite and friendly and addressed all of my questions. I have an open mind and still learning something every day.

I do know that US Rider road service is awesome. It's a great feeling that help is only a phone call away..

I guess some people having nothing better to do then to come on a chat line and challenge what people post..

This stuff worked and I'm thrilled and I thought I would share with others as they have shared great info with me.

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2007-06-07 11:27 PM (#61995 - in reply to #61994)

Elite Veteran

KAB  is  NevertooOld from the other site called www.barrelhorseworld.com 

Just so everyone knows, this is not a stand up stooge for the Streak Remover.  I've known her for years and she's publishing her input out of her need for sharing good information and she has no former contact with this product.  Believe me, if she didn't like the product, she'd roast it in a New York minute.

Thanks, Kathie for visiting Horsetrailerworld.  Greg's had a lot of good feedback and business from his banner on www.barrelhorseworld.com

We knew barrel racers were people who already owned trailers and are trying to figure out how to clean them up.  HorseTrailerWorld seems like a natural place to advertise, but most folks here are buying new trailers, not trying to keep old ones looking good.

mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2007-06-08 5:44 AM (#61999 - in reply to #61904)

Elite Veteran

My cousin used Mother's Aluminium polish on his trailer and it looks great. It was dull and now looks new again. Used a buffer of course...LOL
cutter4life
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-06-08 9:35 AM (#62008 - in reply to #61136)

Regular

For the record, I wasn't trying to flame the product or the poster. I was just "skeptical". Teaching research statistics to graduate students does that to you, it is ingrained in my brain. Also, I don't post on any other boards with this monicker. Given the new information, I will be purchasing some of the aluminum cleaner and see what it does to the Jamco that has been dulled by the coastal Northern CA salt air!
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2007-06-08 10:47 AM (#62015 - in reply to #62008)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by cutter4life on 2007-06-08 9:35 AM

For the record, I wasn't trying to flame the product or the poster. I was just "skeptical". Teaching research statistics to graduate students does that to you, it is ingrained in my brain. Also, I don't post on any other boards with this monicker. Given the new information, I will be purchasing some of the aluminum cleaner and see what it does to the Jamco that has been dulled by the coastal Northern CA salt air!

Good questioning pays off in more facts.  Thanks for posting.  Good luck with the cleaner.
KAB
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-06-08 1:21 PM (#62030 - in reply to #61136)

It's all good and like I said..I lurk over here and I usually find the answer to my problems without posting..you just have to look.

I had posted a few years back about a tire issue..this site gave me the information I needed to get new tires. I thought the tires were defective but I got no where until I walked in with the ammo that I needed and that I received from this site and I'll be forever grateful.

I had purchased my Barrett in Feb. 2001 and my daughter purchased a Platinum in June of 2001. We both had the same kind of tires and she had the same problem and also got hers replaced for a nominal fee of $25.00 per tire. She was also told there were no recalls or problems with these tires. The tires had a faulty sidewall.

When someone has a trailer problem on Barrel Horse World..us ole timers always send them here for the right answer. If you ever need help with a Barrel Horse we'll be more then glad to help you.

Thanks Dave for having 3 great sites where we do have the right to speak our minds..

Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-06-09 8:39 AM (#62053 - in reply to #61136)

Extreme Veteran

As a dealer, we have lots of black streaks to deal with on the white aluminum horse and cargo trailers.  For years, we have used a product called Fast Ball to clean the white aluminum.  It does not remove the hard surface of the prefinished aluminum, and we even use it on the windows.  Lots of products will take the black streaks off, such as 409, Simple Green, etc.  However, you must wax after using this stuff, since it somehow takes the hard baked on surface off the white aluminum sheets and then the next round of black streaks seems to soak in and is very hard to remove.   We don't often need to brighten aluminum, just on some used units, so when it is needed we take the trailer to the closest truck wash. 
rockinthetrails
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-06-09 8:54 AM (#62054 - in reply to #61136)

we use a cleaner here that will take off the black streaks but will end up making white streaks so to speak, I have hosed the whole trailer before use and it still does it, I have talked to other trailer owners and they have had the same problem with other cleaners. Is anyone out here having the same problem? Am I just doing something wrong? Will this streak remover do the same? no matter how much of the product I use the white streaks or splotches wont fade in or out and it looks like crap. Amy suggestions would be helpfull. I now dont use any spray on cleaners in fear it will do that. The trailer Im washing have what I call lot rot they have not been cleaned in over a year and have just sat on a lot.....

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)