'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Remove Black Streaks & Brighten Bare Aluminum Trailers

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-06-18 11:31 PM
58 replies, 25470 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2007-05-22 9:56 AM (#61136)
Subject: Remove Black Streaks & Brighten Bare Aluminum Trailers

Elite Veteran

Please welcome Greg Waltrip with Streak Master as a new advertiser. 

This is a recurring question, (keeping trailers clean), and Greg may have answers regarding his own product that may be useful to our board members and the general public.  Feel free to ask questions about Streak Master and other products he may have.

I'll call him now and see if he can come online with us.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Greg Waltrip
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-05-22 10:21 AM (#61141 - in reply to #61136)
Subject: RE: Cleaning your trailer - New Advertiser

Streakmaster

Hello Folks, My name is Greg Waltrip and the company is Streak Master, Inc. We manufacture two products for the trailer industry.

For Painted Trailers:
1) Streak Master Black Streak Remover: This product is non-toxic and is for removing your worst exterior stains on painted skins. Removes black streaks, tree sap, bugs, and all the other set-in stains. Can also be diluted 2 ounces to one gallon of hot water for general wash. Will not hurt paint or glass. There is no scrubbing, just spray on and allow to set a few seconds and wipe away years of stains.

For Bare Aluminum On Trailers:
2) Streak Master Aluminum Brightener: This product is for your bare aluminum on the trailer. Streak Master Aluminum Cleaner and Brightener is the acid brightener of the future and the future is now. It has been developed to improve the safety of those using traditional aluminum brighteners (Hydrofluoric Acid Brightener); yet, still have a product that removes road film, grime, algae, scum, lime deposits, water line stains, oxidation, and brightens aluminum like a professional truck wash. Works just like the traditional aluminum cleaner and brightener (Hydrofluoric Acid Brightener) WITHOUT the negative hazards associated with that product. Forget the toxic and poisonous concerns and step up to new technology. Do you really want the Hydrofluoric Acid (poison) from truck washs getting inside your trailer where your animals ride? Super Concentrated: One gallon makes 11 gallons

I know what you are thinking: Sure it does, yell right, and so on. Well let's give you a bit of confidence. Every major trailer parts distributor in the United States are picking these products up for mass distributing to trailer dealers across the nation. These are distributors that do 200 million in sales! In the mean time, you are welcome to order online for the retail prices. Trailer dealers contact me direct for a distributor that you are already dealing with to purchase products from.

Streak Master, Inc.
Greg Waltrip
214-912-3368
http://www.streakmaster.com/

Thanks Folks: Any Questions?

Key words: Cleaning, cleaner, cleans, cleaners, black streak, streaks, tree sap, bug, bugs, brighten, aluminum, bare aluminum, remove, stain, brightening, brightener, oxidation, sap, acid, wash, washing, bath, remover, removing, stains, brushed, mill, stainless, steel, removers,

Edited by Greg Waltrip 2007-05-24 10:00 AM
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-05-22 10:57 AM (#61145 - in reply to #61136)

Elite Veteran

How is this product better or different from other streak removers?  I use a streak remover product from Thetford that I get at Camping World.  It also is a spray on/wip off product, but requires quite a bit of elbow grease.  I'm all for learning about products that make cleaning the trailer easier!
Greg Waltrip
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-05-22 11:08 AM (#61146 - in reply to #61145)

Streakmaster

Unlike many manufacturers of black streak remover, I started my chemical background doing the cleaning. I am talking aluminum gutters that were 10 years old and never cleaned. Yes we have chemist that have master's degrees but just because they think a chemical will work, doesn't mean that it will. Of course I rely on these guys for direction, safety, and new technology. Take it from someone who has pushed a brush for many years, I know what it takes to remove stains. I have cleaned thousands of homes, rvs, boats, and yes trailers and with our new technology, there's nothing better for removing your worst nightmares on your trailer.

captclank
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2007-05-22 5:43 PM (#61163 - in reply to #61136)

Veteran

Mr. Waltrip, what are the application instructions for the aluminum cleaner? Is is wipe on/off, rinse, or elbow grease? Also, is it safe if it accidently contacts the painted areas of the trailers? (could it be used safely on the roof without damage to the painted sides?) I see it is not to be used on polished aluminum, but what about brushed alulminum (Classic Trailers)? Thanks
Greg Waltrip
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-05-23 8:38 AM (#61175 - in reply to #61163)

Streakmaster

The aluminum brightener is for brushed aluminum. It can be sprayed but, I recommend a long pole and soft brush. You do not have to scrubb. Simply apply from bottom to top doing small sections at a time (4x5). Allow to set for a few minutes and rinse. After rinsing, if you would rug with a terry cloth towel in a horizonal motion, it will shine better. Will not hurt paint or glass but do not allow to dry. If you are doing the roof, wet with water on the painted sides to give dilution where the product runs down the sides of the paint. Works just like a professional truck acid bath without the toxic concerns.

element
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-05-23 6:30 PM (#61191 - in reply to #61175)

Veteran

Greg, I assume that your product does not work on painted alum.?
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-05-24 6:34 AM (#61213 - in reply to #61191)

Expert

Havn't we seen this before ?
Non-toxic, but it dissolves oxidized aluminum, tree sap, etc.
BTW, few things, VERY few things, chemically affect glass.

How is this product any different/better than Matts Trailer Wash - SPECIFICALLY how is it "better" ?
Greg Waltrip
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-05-24 8:06 AM (#61219 - in reply to #61191)

Streakmaster

Yes - We have two products. One for bare aluminum (the aluminum brightener) and one for painted (the black streak and stain remover).
Greg Waltrip
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-05-24 8:25 AM (#61220 - in reply to #61213)

Streakmaster

Thanks for all the great input...

Edited by Greg Waltrip 2007-05-24 9:03 AM
Greg Waltrip
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-05-24 9:00 AM (#61223 - in reply to #61213)

Streakmaster

Originally written by Reg on 2007-05-24 6:34 AM

Havn't we seen this before ? Non-toxic, but it dissolves oxidized aluminum, tree sap, etc. BTW, few things, VERY few things, chemically affect glass. How is this product any different/better than Matts Trailer Wash - SPECIFICALLY how is it "better" ?

Yes it is non-toxic and non-toxic means not poisonous. I have never use Matts products. So many products have EB in them, which are considered by the Federal Government to be poisonous. We have new technology in both of our products created by Chemist with master's degrees. Matt and no one else has this new technology. Matt does not have every major trailer part distributor in the United States chasing after his products. We do...So I am just willing to bet that we will run circles around Matts trailer wash. It sounds like you are disputing our non-toxic claim and questioning our statements and promoting another product in the process. We love a challenge. Just send us a copy of your Master's degree in Chemistry and we will set up a conference call between our chemist and you. Thanks for the input.

Wise Man Once Say:
I don't know everything...that's why I surround myself with people that do.

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-05-25 11:03 PM (#61273 - in reply to #61223)

Expert

This guy must be gone for the weekend.
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-05-26 8:34 AM (#61275 - in reply to #61273)

Expert

What a coincidence ?
Doctors ALWAYS ask to see copies of each of my relevant degrees when they explain things to me; It seems that every patient has at least a Doctorate in Neurology, Endocrinology, Urology, Cardiology, Pharmacology,,,,,,,, on and on. Docs want to SEE that their patients are able to understand their explanations, in Latin even.

If this wonder product and it's "new technology" can't be explained in "lo skool kemmi" terms; say acid/base reactions & solvents - I can probably get by without it.

Yes, I am NOT promoting Matts Trailer Wash, just using it as a reference point.
If you have never used it, know nothing about it, then the claims of superiority are ill founded {logic 101}.

JMAO, etc.
Grizzly2k1
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-05-28 8:25 AM (#61343 - in reply to #61223)

I don't need a master's degree to see your not a very good salesman! All we want to know is why is your Trailer Cleaner better than the rest of the trailer cleaners? what is this NEW TECNOLOGY? why should we spend our money on this new product? And if you have every trailer part mfg after your product then why waste your time with us? you can fill your pockets with their money!!!! Just my 2 cents worth!!!!!
Longrider
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-05-28 9:34 PM (#61361 - in reply to #61136)
Subject: RE: Remove Black Streaks & Brighten Bare Aluminum Trailers

Extreme Veteran

So what's the beef?  Try the product and see how it performs before preconceiving an opinion.  Heck, for $40 I'll give it a try. I spend that on a day's worth of fuel with no free carwash or even a kiss from the huge oil monopilies while they rape me.  Don't see any screaming or flaming going on about that! If it works as stated, I'll be a happy camper. If not, so what?
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-05-29 5:35 AM (#61374 - in reply to #61361)

Expert

Originally written by Longrider on 2007-05-28 9:34 PM

So what's the beef? Try the product and see how it performs before preconceiving an opinion. Heck, for $40 I'll give it a try. I spend that on a day's worth of fuel with no free carwash or even a kiss from the huge oil monopilies while they rape me. Don't see any screaming or flaming going on about that! If it works as stated, I'll be a happy camper. If not, so what?

My initial posting was in the form of an enquiry; how it stacks up against another product, how it is better/different, etc. The outburst is from the promoter and says, in quite offensive terms, that they want to see a copy of an advanced degree in chemistry from anyone before they will discuss their product.

For $40 I can "try" any number of wonder products, heck in bulk I can buy a couple of gallons of what I regard as the best trailer wash I've tried to date (name withheld to avoid the appearance of "promoting" it).

The "if not", well I would be out $40, or a couple of GALLONS of what I know DOES work.
twosons
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-05-31 9:03 PM (#61583 - in reply to #61136)

New User

I've used the aluminum brightener and I must say it works great! It cost about $40, but that price is delivered to my door and made 11 gallons of cleaner. It only takes about three gallons to clean a trailer; so, there's enough left to clean a pontoon boat, taking off the lake scum lines from my bass boat, and works great at cleaning up stainless steel milk tanks. If it lands on concrete or brick, it will foam up and clean it. It really cleans up the milk barn good too!
Broken Bit
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-06-01 7:18 AM (#61589 - in reply to #61136)

Veteran

Hmmmmm!?!
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-06-01 8:00 AM (#61592 - in reply to #61589)

Expert

Wonder what HMMMMMMMM's supposed to mean?
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-06-01 9:11 AM (#61596 - in reply to #61592)

Expert

Originally written by crowleysridgegirl on 2007-06-01 8:00 AM

Wonder what HMMMMMMMM's supposed to mean?

Perhaps a (non)comment on the GLOWING recommendation from a first time poster with no profile - location, etc. ?
That glowing recommendation suggesting alternative uses could as easily have been written about muriatic acid, available from builders supply stores and known to be good for cleaning mortar from brick-work.
I've also used in on boats, it DOES work very well - at least on fiberglass, but I would get it off aluminum very QUICKLY.

Edited by Reg 2007-06-01 9:20 AM
twosons
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-06-01 10:06 AM (#61603 - in reply to #61136)

New User

I've used muriatic acid before and I don't like it. It chalks the pontoons and yellows my concrete. It works good at cutting the milk stone from the milk tanks, but the tank looks dull when it's done. Plus, it nearly chokes me to death when I use it and I usually end up with a sore throat. As far as "Hmmmmmmm"goes, I like my privacy. I found this forum when looking for aluminum brighteners.
N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-06-01 11:58 PM (#61649 - in reply to #61136)

Elite Veteran

Hey Greg,

Send me a bottle!  I'd love to try it and fill everyone in on the results!

Nancy

Greg Waltrip
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-06-02 8:45 AM (#61658 - in reply to #61583)

Streakmaster

Originally written by twosons on 2007-05-31 9:03 PM

I've used the aluminum brightener and I must say it works great! It cost about $40, but that price is delivered to my door and made 11 gallons of cleaner. It only takes about three gallons to clean a trailer; so, there's enough left to clean a pontoon boat, taking off the lake scum lines from my bass boat, and works great at cleaning up stainless steel milk tanks. If it lands on concrete or brick, it will foam up and clean it. It really cleans up the milk barn good too!

Thank You...Because of you and thousands of others that realized the need for a problem and was open minded enough to try something new.

Greg Waltrip
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-06-02 9:32 AM (#61662 - in reply to #61343)

Streakmaster

Originally written by Grizzly2k1 on 2007-05-28 8:25 AM

I don't need a master's degree to see your not a very good salesman! All we want to know is why is your Trailer Cleaner better than the rest of the trailer cleaners? what is this NEW TECNOLOGY? why should we spend our money on this new product? And if you have every trailer part mfg after your product then why waste your time with us? you can fill your pockets with their money!!!! Just my 2 cents worth!!!!!

I am not wasting time with you, I am advertising new products. Yes the trailer distributors are endorsing these products. So I advertise my products here because of the large amount of trailer dealers that visit and use this site. Why? Because trailer distributors sell to Trailer dealers. I am not trying to fill my pockets with your money! My pockets are already full of money! Please, I do not have time to argue for the sake of arguing. If you would like to try a product to solve a problem, we can help. If you already have a product that works for you...I am happy for you. If you have not tried our products, then stop making uneducated statements for the sake of arguing.

THERE IS A MONEY BACK GUARANTEE...WHAT'S THERE TO ARGUE ABOUT

For all you folks with serious questions and for those that have purchased products...Thank You Very Much...Especially for all the great emails.

"I don't need a master's degree to see your not a very good salesman!"

For quotes like these and other insults, this is my final reply...I have national accounts in multiple industries. Wal-Mart just happens to be one of these (The World's Largest Retailer). How does a bad salesman do that?

Enough said...

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-06-02 10:09 AM (#61666 - in reply to #61662)

Expert

Are any of your products available at WalMart,or directly from your company only?
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)