'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Attatching panels to a steel trailer....

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-28 1:16 PM
5 replies, 2907 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cowpony01
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2007-04-27 10:52 AM (#60065)
Subject: Attatching panels to a steel trailer....

Extreme Veteran

Anyone got any suggestions on how to attatch my panels to my trailer so they connect to it so I can make for a bigger corral on the opposite side of it? The manufacturer they came from currently does not make something for this. Here is a picture off the website of the panels and how they have them free floating on the trailer.........................

Edited by cowpony01 2007-04-27 12:13 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jdzaharia
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-04-27 12:46 PM (#60069 - in reply to #60065)
Subject: RE: Attatching panels to a steel trailer....

Extreme Veteran

I believe you want to use your trailer as one side of the corral, correct?

If so, it looks like the panels attach to each other with a pin through a short section of tube on each panel. Can you bolt or weld a piece of tube to your trailer and pin the first panel to the trailer?

A couple things to think about:

1. If you are not on level ground, the pin may be at the wrong height for the leg of the first panel to be on the ground properly.

2. You may have to weld or bolt to your trailer. You may or may not be excited about that. To minimize addtional holes in your trailer, maybe an existing bolt or rivet location could be used.
minebray
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-04-27 3:06 PM (#60071 - in reply to #60065)

Depending upon your trailer it could be a simple as using some stainless steel hose clamps to attach the end panels  to something on your trailer.  If it is a newer trailer you made need to attach anchors to the trailer.  A picture of your trailer would help so we could see what you are working with 
rgabriel
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2007-04-27 3:47 PM (#60072 - in reply to #60065)

New User

An easy methos is to use some cable and "tie" the panels to the trailer.  We have used extra Romex (electrical wire) effectively.  It may not look the nicest, but you can do it in such a way to make it look neat.
cowgirl98034
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2007-04-28 12:08 AM (#60092 - in reply to #60065)

Extreme Veteran

I have a "hold your horses" aluminum corral. It's great! It didn't come with brackets to attach to the trailer, so I went to the hardward store and bought a couple brackets to put on the trailer myself, with self-tapping screws. I purchased stainless steel brackets that were about 3" long and attached them to the trailer, one on each side at about the middle. I loop a long strap of velcro through the bracket and wrap it around the corral a few times. It works wonderfully! You could use bungy cords too, but I like the velcro straps. Velcro straps are how the "hold you hrorses" corral panels are attached too. amd it is a great way to do it. I've used my corral alot and have never had a problem attaching the panels to each other or to the trailer using velcro. I'll be at an endurance ride May 19th and can take pics of the setup so you can see how effective it is.
cowpony01
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2007-04-28 1:16 PM (#60103 - in reply to #60065)

Extreme Veteran

Well, got some ideas and saw some brackets from another panel company too. So I need to see what will work and where to mount on my trailer. Going up to our hardware store to see what I can find also.....................

Thanks everyone!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)