'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Opinions on Trails West Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-05-26 10:34 AM
9 replies, 4881 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

horsegurl4life
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-23 7:13 PM (#59812)
Subject: Opinions on Trails West Trailers

New User

Just wondering if anyone had any opinions (good or bad) on Trails West trailers! We were thinking about buying a Sierra II w/ mangers! Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
3dayremy
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-04-23 7:24 PM (#59813 - in reply to #59812)
Subject: RE: Opinions on Trails West Trailers

I've had a 2 horse Sierra for the last 5 years and love it. My horse is a reformed bad hauler and I give this trailer credit for his improvement. Even horses that are bad loaders/travellers/unloaders have gotten in and out and ridden perfectly in it. It is open and light inside, and pulls very steady. I think Trails West are heavier than other brands (they are all steel), but they are durable and solid. If you don't mind a bit of extra weight they are great.
northernlea
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-23 8:48 PM (#59818 - in reply to #59812)

New User

I have had my heart set on a Trails West as my next trailer for the past few years....in response to my post  one of the members here suggested I look at TITAN trailers & I can't thank them enough.

All the "options" I wanted on a TW trailer are standard on a Titan, you may want to check them out too. I spoke with a rep. at Titan and was most impressed with him .

Its all about horses
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-04-23 10:01 PM (#59823 - in reply to #59812)

I just recently got my first Trails West Trailer. I absolutely love it. All my horses love it and I enjoy how easy it is to work around. I hauled it a few times empty and was impressed at how well it puled. At one point I forgot I had it back there. Thank goodness for trailer brakes.

I looked at a few other brands of trailers and I feel I got the best trailer I could. I recently saw an 8yr old trailer that a friend was borrowing from their parents and I was really impressed at how well the trailer looked. It is a Trails West Sierra Her parents live for 7months of the year in that trailer and travel all over the US and Canada showing their horses. The trailer was in great shape with no special maintenance on their part. (It sits out all winter and they very rarely wash the outside.) The horse compartment was in very good shape. After seeing that I am even happier with my trailer.

barstow
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-04-24 9:30 AM (#59843 - in reply to #59818)

Veteran

Northernlea - so-o-o? Did you order your Titan? What options did you chose?
horsegurl4life
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-24 7:53 PM (#59891 - in reply to #59812)

New User

Thanks for all your resposes, my parents ended up buying a 3h Sierra with mangers and surprised me! Thanks for all your responses!
Gunnerhorse
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-04-26 4:51 PM (#60027 - in reply to #59818)

Originally written by northernlea on 2007-04-23 9:48 PM

I have had my heart set on a Trails West as my next trailer for the past few years....in response to my post  one of the members here suggested I look at TITAN trailers & I can't thank them enough.

All the "options" I wanted on a TW trailer are standard on a Titan, you may want to check them out too. I spoke with a rep. at Titan and was most impressed with him .

I'm so glad you liked it! Did you end up ordering one? All us Titan fans are dying to know? 

Rockin'TK
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-05-24 9:57 PM (#61259 - in reply to #59812)

Just got in our NEW Trails West 813AMT with a slide out!  LOVE IT!  Ordered it with everything we wanted and only had to wait 2 months.  WELL WORTH THE WAIT!  Would not buy from Coolhorse/Foust, call Doug at Murdock in Loveland Co....  We took a weekend 1500 mile round trip and picked it up ourself and still save a ton over our local dealer and got more options.

If you order a new one, spend the money on drop down windows on the rump, you will love it.  And makes it look GREAT too....

rockymtn
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-05-25 12:32 PM (#61263 - in reply to #61259)

New User

good morning, read your post on trails west and murdocks trailers.  could you tell me why you chose trails west over other brands.  people have said they went with a titan over trails west.  also did you look at any logans?  i live in colorado and have been looking.  thank you, sharon
Rockin'TK
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-05-26 10:34 AM (#61282 - in reply to #61263)

Looked at most trailers that are out there.  Did not look at Logan, no dealers around Texas......  I went with Trails West mainly because we wanted drop down window on the rump side and the only way we could do that was to find an alum. trailer or order a Trails West.  Could not find any other steel trailer that offered drop down windows.  Already be through the plexiglass junk on the rump, looks good when it is new but after a year and having to rmove them in the spring and finding a place to keep them and reinstalling in the fall is just too much of a pain....  Have had a Exiss with a 13' short wall and just traded a 04 Sooner with a 8' short wall for the Trails West and would do it again in a heart beat!  The Trails West that we have has and 8' short wall with a 5' angled mid tack with doors on both sides and is only around 1000lb heaver that the Sooner was, but pulls WAY better for some reason.  I had an issue with going with a steel trailer, but the condition we keep our trailers in I think we will bwe fine.  We clean ours out after every time we use it and keep it washed about 1 every month or so depending on the weather.  Hope this helps.....  Call and talk to Doug he is really nice and can help with any questions you may have..... Like I said, we wold make the drive again too buy a Trails West and buy it form Doug at Murdock.

Kelley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)