'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
trailer comparison

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-07-04 11:35 PM
27 replies, 8568 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Poppa Cracker
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-07-04 5:25 PM (#63289 - in reply to #58826)
Subject: RE: trailer comparison

4 Star, Platinum Coach, Featherlite, Sooner,Bloomer, C&C, Sundowner, Elite, and several more are all quality trailers with good performance records. Some of these manfacturers have actually worked for each other in past years and then went out on their own. Most have been in the horse industry for many years. However Silverlite is manfg. on a travel trailer design. The living quarters are built separate from the rest of the trailer. They just don't hold up to the abuse of hauling horses. I have 2 friends that bought them and have since gotten rid of them. They do not have good resale value, 1 friend took a bath on his trade and the other elected to leave it with the dealer to sell on consignment. His trailer set for over a year. Too many quality trailer manf. out there to take a chance on something that you could get stuck with.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nitaoak
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-07-04 6:18 PM (#63291 - in reply to #58826)

Well I think I will see if they will let me cancel my order, I order it a week ago, I don't want to have to eat it, I just don't have that kind of money. 
CNJ-QHORSES
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-07-04 11:35 PM (#63311 - in reply to #58826)

We have had Exiss and Cherokee trailers, as well as several steel trailers over the years. We are getting our second Cherokee and just really like the trailer. It is a good trailer for a fair price, it certainly fit our pocketbook and our horses are comfortable being hauled in it. Of course your Bloomer trailers and Elite are great trailers too, but at a higher price. I guess you have to look at what you want for you and your horses and then how much can you afford and then take it from there.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)