'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Kieferbuilt Trailer and Grand Champion Trailers
[Frozen]

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-02-24 9:44 AM
39 replies, 7759 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh Frozen
Message format

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-02-23 4:27 PM (#56163 - in reply to #56157)
Subject: RE: Kieferbuilt Trailer and Grand Champion Trailers

Expert

Originally written by scoop on 2007-02-23 3:50 PM

HWBar - on a slight tangent...what did you replace your Kiefer(s) with?

I replaced the last Kiefer with a 4 Star, I bought the Kiefers because they were mid-level(priced) trailers. I understood that when I bought them. They had to fix two problems on three trailers and did so willingly. Just as they are trying to do now for this gentleman. I spent about 10K more money for the 4 Star as I would have for a comparable Kiefer. What does any of this have to do with this guy and his desire to cause grief for Kiefer.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
scoop
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-23 4:41 PM (#56164 - in reply to #56065)

HWBar - this has nothing to do w/the original post - hence the reason I said it was a slight tangent (the definition of which is a digression/departure).  I was just curious...nothing more, nothing less, no hidden agenda.  You had just mentioned in a previous post that you replaced your Kiefers w/a much higher priced trailer and I was wondering what you upgraded to.

Related to the topic, however, I'd like to just give positive feedback for Ricky at Diamond V.  He made a call to Kiefer today which did prompt them to call me.  It was definitely above-and-beyond for him to assume this responsibility and I appreciate the extra effort he has put forth.  I told him if I were geographically closer to him that I'd recommend him as a dealer...using this forum is about the best I can do given the extensive geographical distance between us.

jhagerstownr
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-23 5:01 PM (#56165 - in reply to #56151)

I tried to tell the dealer on three occasions that there was a problem, Grand Champion where I bought it. They kept saying no there was not. Even had them service it. It was not until the wheel bearing problem that they finally admitted it. Keifer Built agreed to fix it including the fender that was ripped apart. After all this they have not finished it and refuse to even speak with me. Being in the car business for 30 years I know how to treat customers and this is not it. I am sorry to say that is what happens when you buy american. I wish I could find a Japanese built trailer. They honor their warranties and for their dealers to have great customer satisfaction.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-02-23 5:08 PM (#56166 - in reply to #56065)

Expert

Nobody's trailer will hold up to the uneven pressure you have on that trailer, you should feel VERY LUCKY that Kiefer is fixing anything.
jhagerstownr
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-23 5:15 PM (#56167 - in reply to #56111)

Abig thank you to Diamond V. You did not need to get involved in this and I appreciate your kindness. However if Keifer refuses to discuss this and wants me to pay the labor I will pass. It is a matter of principal. I thank you for offering to fix it and eat the labor but  I expect not to be treated like a criminal by the Manufacturer of my trailer. All they had to do was make this right and they refused. If you had any other brand of trailer I would do business with you as you have attempted to help me when my own dealer would not. If I had room to tell you all my problems with this trailer I would. Lets just say that I have had to deal with a different manager everytime I go in there and the owner would not call me, Shows his concern.

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-02-23 5:20 PM (#56168 - in reply to #56065)

Expert

As I said earlier "I have a pretty good nose"
sflynn
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-23 5:39 PM (#56171 - in reply to #56065)

Looking at the pic of the rig, the truck is parked downhill - couldn't this cause the gn to be pushed up?
jhagerstownr
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-23 6:14 PM (#56176 - in reply to #56154)

You sir must be under the influence of Wild Turkey
Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-02-23 6:35 PM (#56177 - in reply to #56176)

No, he is just under the influence of a good shot of common sense. You ought to try one.
jhagerstownr
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-23 6:35 PM (#56178 - in reply to #56158)

I also want to know whether the axle was bent or installed improperly. I have the right to know this. If they were not bent but were installed incorrectly and the new ones were installed the same way I still have a problem. In the auto business when you pick up your car from service you are given a repair order telling you the problem and what was done to cure it. I have been told nothing. Furthermore why should I have to drive 6 hours and wait 2-3 hours and drive six more back home. Kieferbuilt has an obligation to fix my trailer locally and not make me pay the labor. This trailer has had many other problems, windows replaced, welds breaking, etc. Now for them to tell me it would cost me $350.00 in labor for a problem that was caused by a manufacturing defect is ridiculous. All I want is my fender and light replaced and assurance that the new axles are not bent and are installed properly, since they were installed by Grand Champion.
jhagerstownr
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-23 7:11 PM (#56181 - in reply to #56166)

hwbar, if you liked your Kiefer so well why do you now have a 4star. I also never knew you could not park on a hill. Does it say anything about that in the owners manual. Furthermore you do have quite a nose or you would not pass judgement whithout the whole story. Perhaps you would like to pass judgement on my wife and children who were also at risk while we were taking their horses to shows all over the east coast. Suppose there had been an accident. Now maybe you can understand my concern.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-02-23 8:02 PM (#56185 - in reply to #56065)

Expert

PERHAPS YOU CAN ENLIGHTEN MEABOUT THEUNEVEN PRESSURE ON MY TRAILER. THIS TRAILER WAS CHECKED BY TWO REPUTABLE DEALERS WHO TOLD ME OF THE PROBLEM BUT WERE NOT KIEFER DEALERS. HOWEVER GRAND CHAMPION WAS EITHER TOO STUPID OR LAZY TO CHECK IT.

The above was sent to me as a private message by jhagerstownr. If I still have to enlighten you you have serious problems. All the weight of your trailer is on your rear axle. I just traded an 04' Dodge 3500 because of the same issue. YOUR TRUCK IS TO TALL, THE NECK IN YOUR TRAILER NEEDS ADJUSTING. Torsion axles do not spread the weight even, they are not designed to.  This is not Kiefers fault, you are LUCKY they are covering anything, now that they have the proof of your truck/trailer set-up. I bought a 4 Star because even a drunk cowboy like myself can see the difference in a Kiefer and 4 Star.

jhagerstownr
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-24 6:52 AM (#56202 - in reply to #56185)

As any moron can see this truck and trailer were parked on a hill for this picture. Even the morons I bought the trailer from know it is level on level ground. If not they installed the hitch and made all adjustments so it would be their fault not mine.

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-02-24 7:44 AM (#56204 - in reply to #56065)

Expert

But of course, nothing seems to be your fault.
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2007-02-24 9:44 AM (#56205 - in reply to #56204)

Elite Veteran

This thread is being shut down due to the inability of the O.P. to discuss a problem in an adult manner without calling people names.  This forum is for useful discussion and education. 
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)