'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
packing a trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-24 10:44 AM
4 replies, 3007 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

morgan25
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2007-01-22 11:15 AM (#54235)
Subject: packing a trailer

Hi, subject line may sound strange but I didn't know what to call it.  I have a 2 horse BP Brenderup without the tack storage (Prestige).  As I am only going to haul one horse most of the time, I thought that there may be some way to use the extra stall for packing when I go on out of town trail rides (ie hay, feed, maybe even portable coral.  For the Brenderup owners (because they would know the configuration of the trailer), do any of you utilize an extra stall for supplies and if so, how do you secure them so that the horse is safe?  Cargo nets or something?

Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2007-01-22 11:53 AM (#54237 - in reply to #54235)
Subject: RE: packing a trailer

Elite Veteran

I used my extra stall when I go camping. Usually I put hay bales side by side up front and porta potty then saddle on stand to the rear. Then I put feed in baggies and put it in my buckets and place them in the manger. Mine had a solid partition in it so nothing ever really shifted. Otherwise I would of put plywood or something (corral Panel)there to keep things from ending up under the horse. I worse comes to worse you could use plastic storage bins also. Good Luck

arlene21
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-01-23 11:00 AM (#54326 - in reply to #54235)

Veteran

The stud door makes a world of difference in packing the front stall of a trailer. The first trailer I had didn't have one so I used bungie cords to hold everything I had packed against the front wall. I never had any problems and nothing ever shifted. After a few times, it becomes automatic.

N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-01-23 11:47 AM (#54337 - in reply to #54235)

Elite Veteran

I pulled a 2 horse with only 1 horse on board for years to different endurance races.  I used cargo nets around the stuff in the empty stall.  My husband put some recessed hooks on the walls and i just loaded up my junk, wrapped it all up with the cargo nets, then secured them to the wall.  Worked great!!
halfpint23
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-01-24 10:44 AM (#54415 - in reply to #54235)
Subject: RE: packing a BRENDERUP trailer

Veteran

You seem to be getting answers from people who missed the question?If your B-up is one with the flexible "curtain" hanging down from the divider as a kick panel between horses, I'd definitely want something more solid between horse's feet and whatever packing containers use use! I can see a horse getting a shoe hung up in a strand of cargo net and having a real rodeo.You can use heavy boxes or tubs or whatever - but secure them above floor (and hoof) level so IF the horse bumps them he can't get hung up. A piece of plywood that is fastened to your divider bar might be a good investment.KAte
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)