'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Stallion vs Fulton GN coupler question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-17 10:04 AM
1 replies, 2446 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

NRB
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-17 9:29 AM (#53973)
Subject: Stallion vs Fulton GN coupler question

Can anyone comment on the differences between these 2 GN couplers?  I'm currently looking to buy a Hawk GN and they come with either one or the other.  The Fulton has the cable release.  I also have the option of a single or dual speed leg jack.  And I'm not sure what that means but I can guess. 

I haul 2 horses w/ a F250 4x4 Supercab w/ the 8ft long bed.  Currently have a BP.

Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-01-17 10:04 AM (#53975 - in reply to #53973)
Subject: RE: Stallion vs Fulton GN coupler question

Expert

Originally written by NRB on 2007-01-17 8:29 AM

Can anyone comment on the differences between these 2 GN couplers?  I'm currently looking to buy a Hawk GN and they come with either one or the other.  The Fulton has the cable release.  I also have the option of a single or dual speed leg jack.  And I'm not sure what that means but I can guess. 

I haul 2 horses w/ a F250 4x4 Supercab w/ the 8ft long bed.  Currently have a BP.

My thoughts:

The cable release sounds good, but one still has to climb into the bed to attach the safety chains.  The cable is just one more mechanism to fight someday.

The two speed jack has a shiftable gear box. Again another mechanism.  I've found that the low speed is a lot of cranking and the high speed is hard cranking.  For a two horse trailer I would go for the single speed (unless you have a disability toward cranking)

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)