'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Logan Coach Review

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-02 2:38 PM
7 replies, 18357 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

MrTruck
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-11-19 11:00 PM (#51701)
Subject: Logan Coach Review

Elite Veteran

Check out my new Logan review on the home page here or direct http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/Home/contribute/Homepage/MrTruck11... We have the right one up now.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rider3
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-11-20 8:01 AM (#51712 - in reply to #51701)
Subject: RE: Logan Coach Review

Veteran

Thank you for the review!  Am picking up an XTR 2 horse bumper pull this week.  I was sold on the plank alum. flooring that drains, the triple wall construction, the vortex 'rhino' lined floor and walls, not to mention 3 load lights and HUGE slant stalls!  An added plus was a decent warranty. The review solidifies that the construction looks solid and took care of my one concern that the trailer was too 'pretty'! 

This is the only trailer that has a long wall of over 11 feet and dividers at an angle that allows alot of nose to tail room.  Had heard of the brand but couldn't find any that weren't out West until recently.  Thanks again!

Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-11-23 8:52 AM (#51829 - in reply to #51712)

Expert

Originally written by rider3 on 2006-11-20 8:01 AM

Thank you for the review! Am picking up an XTR 2 horse bumper pull this week. I was sold on the plank alum. flooring that drains, the triple wall construction, the vortex 'rhino' lined floor and walls, not to mention 3 load lights and HUGE slant stalls! An added plus was a decent warranty. The review solidifies that the construction looks solid and took care of my one concern that the trailer was too 'pretty'!

This is the only trailer that has a long wall of over 11 feet and dividers at an angle that allows alot of nose to tail room. Had heard of the brand but couldn't find any that weren't out West until recently. Thanks again!

11ft is pretty much the standard dimension for butt bar to head wall in a 2 horse straight load trailer. You don't get the claimed space economy in a slant load until 3 horse or bigger - but if slant is your cuppa, ENJOY.
rider3
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-12-07 10:08 AM (#52272 - in reply to #51829)

Veteran

I hear yah that the slant stalls are described as being bigger than they really are.  I found that to be true in several brands I looked at when measuring front to back in stall from the MIDDLE, not the points

Had heard about the Logans but couldn't find any in the MidWest. Compared to the 4-Star and Hart etc.. that I had looked at I can confidently say the stalls are signficantly longer in the Logan.  My long backed saddlebred has room to spare as does my draft cross. Neither try to turn themselves into  pretzel by trying to look behind them as they would in the straight load, nor do they bang the butt bars trying to be the first one out. Just less anxiety overall. I also really like the versatility of a slant that can be used as a stock if necessary.  I was so sick of my horses slipping down a ramp, repairing the ramp, etc... Ha!

I have used this trailer several times and it is VERY solid and tows wonderfully.  Nothing is cheap or chinsey (thus far of course!)   Happy trails!

Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-12-07 3:58 PM (#52286 - in reply to #52272)

Expert

Originally written by rider3 on 2006-12-07 10:08 AM

I hear yah that the slant stalls are described as being bigger than they really are. I found that to be true in several brands I looked at when measuring front to back in stall from the MIDDLE, not the points

Had heard about the Logans but couldn't find any in the MidWest. Compared to the 4-Star and Hart etc.. that I had looked at I can confidently say the stalls are signficantly longer in the Logan. My long backed saddlebred has room to spare as does my draft cross. Neither try to turn themselves into pretzel by trying to look behind them as they would in the straight load, nor do they bang the butt bars trying to be the first one out. Just less anxiety overall. I also really like the versatility of a slant that can be used as a stock if necessary. I was so sick of my horses slipping down a ramp, repairing the ramp, etc... Ha!

I have used this trailer several times and it is VERY solid and tows wonderfully. Nothing is cheap or chinsey (thus far of course!) Happy trails!

There is nothing inherently LESS versatile or LESS safe about a straight load trailer, or a ramp. Proper horse handling controls 'em, if they need training then they need training. If the handler needs training,,, etc.
Going to a slant load trailer doesn't solve any of that.
One of my biggest issues with slants is that I see far too many "timid" horse handlers try to wheel the horse around so it can come out forwards, all too often the horse decides a side pass would be a better idea and the handler gets knocked down the ramp, or off the edge if it is a step up.
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-12-23 10:22 PM (#52811 - in reply to #51701)

Expert

ditto Reg!
Too L Ranch
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-12-25 4:23 PM (#52850 - in reply to #51701)

Regular

I picked up my new Logan 3 horse XT LQ from the manufacturer just before Thanksgiving. Great trailer! It's really easy to handle and tows well. Hauling on the average of 600+ miles a week, in the high country, we've encountered just about everything...freezing rain, ice, and snow. NO problems! My Quarter horses all fit, comfortably, from the 17.2h down to the smallest at 15.3h. One of the things I appreciate most about the Logan is that it is really woman friendly. I no longer need to carry a ladder and a sledge hammer. Nothing is either out of my reach, or requiring too much strength to do/undo it! It takes me under ten minutes to hook up, load, and haul out. My kind of trailer!!
cascadia
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-01-02 2:38 PM (#53194 - in reply to #51701)

Veteran

I love my Logan Trojan straight load.  It is so big and airy that horses are less hesitant to get in, even if they are used to a slant.   I like the big windows and solid construction.  My experience with this older trailer has made me a fan of this brand. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)