'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Decoration strips for Circle J trailer?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-04-05 10:53 PM
4 replies, 6290 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cclaunch
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2006-11-16 10:56 AM (#51585)
Subject: Decoration strips for Circle J trailer?

New User

I picked up a 1985 Circle J 2H BP which has aluminum channels running horizontally around the trailer. It appears that some kind of strip, 3/4" wide, could be inserted in the channel to either add a color accent or some sort of reflector. It would have to be stiff enough to stay put once I bent it under the lips of the channel.

Anyone have sources or ideas for this?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
mgisse
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-11-16 11:13 AM (#51589 - in reply to #51585)
Subject: RE: Decoration strips for Circle J trailer?

It sounds like screw molding . Any rv store will have the screw cover.
Broken Bit
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-11-16 6:22 PM (#51610 - in reply to #51585)

Veteran

yea, they should have it.  Probabaly cream, white, or black.  Remember, if you do buy some, get enough extra to fold about 5 or 6 inches back under the ends of the track or back under itself if the track is tight to the wagon, it WILL shrink with age and cold.  Another idea to help with this is to remove the last screw that holds the railing on and after the trim is inserted and in place put the screw back throught the trim and rail to hold it.  If it's riveted on to the trailer a small self-tapping screw will do the trick.  Just some ideas, good luck.  Talk to y'all later...
Missy
Reg. Apr 2008
Posted 2008-04-05 4:54 AM (#81225 - in reply to #51585)

New User

Well said. They should be problably black, white or cream. Just be careful for it might get shrink with age and cold.  Goodluck to you cclaunch.

-----------------
Chai
Did anyone out there give a try to Wide Circles or WideCircles. They are new word of mouth advertising platform, apparently they can push massive amount of messages through social network mediums like forums,blogs,wiki's and so on. They say that they only bill for posts active for minimum of 5 days and price seems pretty affordable. I am going to give Wide Circles aka WideCircles a try since I am tired of PPC fraud. http://widecircles.com/

Edited by Missy 2008-04-05 4:57 AM
Rockin'TK
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-04-05 10:53 PM (#81297 - in reply to #51585)

you can find it cheap on ebay...  go to the ebaymotors, then to parts and acces., then to rv/trailer parts, then exterior, then type in molding or screw cover molding..  You can get it in 4 or 5 colors and anything from 10' to 400'!  Like $4. to $20 bucks...  Just ordered some for myself.

Measure the trim, because it come in 3/4" and 1" wide..

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)