'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
sprayed in bedliner for interior horse area

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-10-27 9:24 PM
9 replies, 5527 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

itshotinaz
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2006-10-26 12:33 AM (#50636)
Subject: sprayed in bedliner for interior horse area

I have a Silverlite 3 horse aluminum trailer and love it. However, I am one of those clean freaks that will clean out my trailer after every ride. i.e. pulling out the mats, washing out the floors and sides and drying it out and load it back up w/shavings. No matter how much I add for shavings my horses still manage to pee enough to get under the floor wet. So, after that long story and explanation has anyone ever had their interior horse stalls done with the sprayed in bedliner like they use for trucks? It seems it would make cleaning easier and not having to be done so often. Anyone????
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-10-26 7:29 AM (#50639 - in reply to #50636)
Subject: RE: sprayed in bedliner for interior horse area

Extreme Veteran

You will still have to use your trailer mats on top of the spray in liner as the liner doesn't provide enough cush for your horses IMO. So making the job easier for cleaning really won't happen as you will still have to pull out the mats to clean underneath, however the spray in liner is a good idea as it will lengthen the floor life of your trailer.
rider3
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-10-26 7:55 AM (#50641 - in reply to #50636)

Veteran

I've been doing ALOT of research the past couple of months and if the floor is alum. I would defin. do it.  I would call your manuf. to see if there are any specifications as to whether or not the floor would need to be pre-treated or something, I know it has to be spotless.  If it is wood no way, spoke with Merhow and he was saying for wood it is imp. to have some spacing for air-flow to prevent dry rot but in my opinion if that was sprayed it might hide soft areas etc...

I am consid. an all alum. trailer and that darn floor is what's holding me back until I realized it could be sprayed as well!  I'm the opposite of what you sound like, the thing is lucky to be cleaned out thoroughly 1 or 2 times/year!  Good luck!

terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-10-26 8:13 AM (#50642 - in reply to #50636)

Elite Veteran

I had rhino-lining put in my trailer when I noticed the aluminum floor was starting to pit. Have never been sorry I did it. Once the pitting starts, well...

And yes, you will still want to use mats for the cushioning, but I put down Equifoam which is very light and easy to handle, as opposed to the 100# mats that came with the trailer. Like them both and would do it again.

horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2006-10-26 12:36 PM (#50666 - in reply to #50636)

Elite Veteran

But be careful of what you put down. 1 major manufacturer (goes the name of Sun****er) has found that it will not stick to aluminum. Gravity holds it in place fairly well, but after a few years of use their dealers are cutting along the edges & pulling up a lot of it. And if it had lifted much, with a hole, there will surely be corrosion damage because the urine was trapped in. And no, it isn't covered under a 3 year hitch-to-bumper warranty. To do what you want, you need WERM. But it is harder to clean because of the texture. Just my $.02.
H1
rick
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-10-26 2:06 PM (#50672 - in reply to #50636)

Regular

Don't waist the $$ on rhino/ line-x just put in WERM..I went through this same thing for the last 4yrs, I finally bit the bullet and paid $808.00 and had WERM put in. I tell you it is worth the $$$.

Now may seem a lot at first but one slip carrying/hauling/dragging those damn mats in and out and it will pay for itself.

I too am one of those freaks who cleans out my trailer, heck I even do it at stops along the way. Now I have WERM makes it all the easier, just grab a 5 gallon bucket of water and throw it on the floor now and it is clean.

I did my 3 horse LQ for $808. including up inside,under the mangers.

You won't need the rubber mats any more. In fact if someone is in need of some I would be glad to give you mine.

Anyway my 2 Cents worth.
rattler
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-10-26 2:14 PM (#50674 - in reply to #50672)

Regular

I picked my all aluminum stock combo up at the Elite factory in Okl City and drove straight to the Line-X dealer. They lined the entire horse compartment floor with a 4 inch lip up the sides. I put mats on top of that and have never looked back. I pull my mats out once a year and have no evidence of a problem after 3 yrs.

itshotinaz
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2006-10-26 7:25 PM (#50691 - in reply to #50672)

thanks. I have heard of the WERM flooring but was never aware of it being installed after the fact. Thanks for the information.

Cassie
itshotinaz
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2006-10-26 7:26 PM (#50692 - in reply to #50639)

ok. thanks. At least I know people are having it done. I've just never seen any trailers with it. Cassie
longearsrule
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-10-27 9:24 PM (#50757 - in reply to #50692)

Extreme Veteran

I had the spray in liner on the last trailer I had. It was on the floor, up the sides a ways, on the front of the trailer and on the bottom of the floor under the trailer. I really liked it. I keep my trailers real clean too and it wasn't hard to wash out. Had mats in the trailer too. I never had a problem with it, had the trailer 3 yrs.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)