'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
C and C Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-11-16 6:22 PM
8 replies, 7000 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

marilynb
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2006-10-23 11:50 PM (#50519)
Subject: C and C Trailers

New User

What can you tell me about C&C Trailers?  I heard the company was started by two guys that left 4-Star and they make a really good trailer?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-10-24 5:37 AM (#50522 - in reply to #50519)
Subject: RE: C and C Trailers

Expert

I have heard the story about two guys leaving 4 Star for alot of brands, C&C, Bloomer, Platinum ect... It's a wonder anyone is left at 4 Star to build trailers. C&C makes a nice trailer it has the welded window frames and welded hinges, It is not as refined looking as a 4 Star, but then again it is not a 4 Star. They do look like they are paying attention a little more than most other company's though.
hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-10-24 10:11 AM (#50527 - in reply to #50519)

Expert

C&C was started by 2 guys from 4-star. It is an great trailer, one of the best.
rider3
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-10-24 10:29 AM (#50529 - in reply to #50519)

Veteran

At Congress I was VERY impressed by these trailers, seem every bit as well made as 4-Star without being overbuilt. I looked at them all and have posted inquiries and opinions about 4-Star which I like, but not more than C&C- just focused on them because they are more available around here! No negative comments about this trailer. Just slighly less expensive than 4-Star but really feel it is a 'Name' thing. Hard to find used or new one in my area, if I could find one in what I'm looking for I wouldn't hesitate.

Just my opinion- good luck!
CRK
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-10-25 11:31 AM (#50589 - in reply to #50519)

Veteran

IMO C&C's are one of the best custom trailers you can get. From the structure to the QA before it leaves you cannot go wrong.

There are a lot of custom trailers out there and reguardless where and how C&C got started it is the end result that matters.

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-10-25 12:03 PM (#50593 - in reply to #50589)

Expert

Originally written by CRK on 2006-10-25 11:31 AM

IMO C&C's are one of the best custom trailers you can get. From the structure to the QA before it leaves you cannot go wrong.

There are a lot of custom trailers out there and reguardless where and how C&C got started it is the end result that matters.

That's a statement I would agree with, but the last ten new trailer companies have all somehow claimed, or have had claims that they were started by the greatest engineers/employees/brothers/dogs/cats/insert yours here, from 4 Star.

The only way you will get a 4 Star is to buy one.

dwnsouth
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-10-25 7:58 PM (#50630 - in reply to #50519)

Regular

The trailer I recently bought WAS a C&C.  I spoke with actual persons at the factory and was told on more than one occasion, the guy that worked for 4Star that designed and patented the slat sides 4 Star used is the guy that started C&C.  When he quit 4Star (to start his own company- C&C), he took his patent design with him and 4Star sued to keep the design.  Long court battle and he won, hence 4Star had to change their sides and C&C has the old style 4Star look.  Notice the different sides done a few years back, now more kinda corrugated tin look than tongue and groove style.

I traded a 1989 4Star in on a 2006 C&C and can honestly say that the two trailers seem to be built almost exactly the same way except that nowdays ALL manufactures use thinner aluminum for the sides.  I specifically picked C&C over 4Star just because I liked the way the sides looked on the C&C-it was what I had become used to and liked the look. 

eny
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-10-25 8:35 PM (#50631 - in reply to #50519)

I have owned Elite & Sundowners in the past.  I recently purchased a C&C. My trailer is on stampedeconversions.com. These guys build out Elites & C&C. These guys do a great job, can't say enough about their craftsmanship.  The one thing no one has mentioned is that the C&C on the drop windows the latches are much lower than the Elites, so you don't have to stand on the fender wells to let the windows down.  I am a woman and I'm only 5'6" so that is a nice feature.  I would rate the C&C up there with the Elites & 4Stars. When you look at a 4Star and a C&C before they are built out they are almost identical.  I live in Texas and they are a little more expensive than the Elites or 4Star, but when I spend $70.000.00 it better be everything I want it to be!! I love it!!

magnum II
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2006-11-16 6:22 PM (#51609 - in reply to #50593)

The only way you will get a 4 Star is to buy one.

I reviewed several brands over the years ... have driven a few and was worse for the wear for doing so.

Ahem ... on the C & C - I think it is far superior to the 4 Star. It looks to me as if 4 Star really has lowered their standards over the years.

One main attraction to the C & C for me was the EIGHT INCH door threshold, the closer spacing on the I-beams underneath, etc. It's also a very heavy trailer and hauls like a dream, even with my 2 very large warmbloods on board. They ALSO give this trailer "2 hooves up!"

As mentioned, I've had many brands .... this time I took the time to custom design my own GN 2 horse straight load C & C. It's been a love affaire ever since. I have not regretted one moment with this trailer (that's a first!). In fact, if it were not for my local dealer, who is a friend, I think I'd quit my job and start selling these trailers. I am THAT "sold" on them.

I just got back from hauling it to Greensboro, NC from Toledo, OH (800 miles), BTW. Even in the 6% grade mountain passes, I kept having to remind myself that I actually had a loaded trailer behind me. As a 41 y.o. woman hauling alone most of the time - and often very long distances - I NEED that security.

Did I say I love my C & C ??

Magnum
B.S., Safety Engineering and Safety Consultant
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'