'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
vendor at Congress

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-10-20 3:30 AM
3 replies, 3158 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

inIndiana
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2006-10-19 12:38 AM (#50298)
Subject: vendor at Congress

Veteran

Does anyone know the vendor that was at Congress that had dutch oven supplies?? They were across the isle from the Queen prizes and the big saddle maker from Texas? I think. I didn't see them, but a friend went over after I left and was talking about them. This place I'm talking about was from Texas. Congress Hall was the building.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-10-19 7:14 AM (#50303 - in reply to #50298)
Subject: RE: vendor at Congress

Elite Veteran

If you are interested in dutch oven cooking, or any cast iron cookware.. go to www.campfirecafe.com or see Lodge cookware online or at your local Cabella's or Basspro shops in the campimg and cooking supply area. We horse camp and cook with cast iron everything with a tripod to hang pots... You haven't lived until you eat  like this! I might also suggest "Cast Iron Cooking for Dummies" its a great info source.

Ardly
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-10-19 7:48 AM (#50307 - in reply to #50298)

Veteran

We went by the lodge outlet store a few years back and picked up several pieces of nice cast iron cookware.The only thing is that we didn't finish getting the final pieces to make it complete yet. still lack the tripod or better yet a rack to hang the pots from over the fire. I did look a good while back at the set-up on the campfire cafe site and would like to someday order it or have one made something like it. If your interested in the lodge cookware, it's located in South Pittsburg,Tn. The outlet store is located fairly close to the factory if I'm not mistaken. Just to let You know both the good and the bad,the outlet store had a huge variety of cookware,Probably most everything that they manufacture,but the prices where a little steep to me. They do have a back room that they stock so-called seconds in that are more fairly priced and we bought most of our items from that area.We looked the items over good and could hardly tell the difference between them and the first line stuff,maybe a slight cosmetic flaw that was not even noticable  had You not been looking for it. Was on the lodge web site just the other night and allot of the larger dutch ovens and pots where not available at this time,as was the case several months ago. Good luck with the search and happy cast iron cooking to You,

Ardly

inIndiana
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2006-10-20 3:30 AM (#50352 - in reply to #50298)

Veteran

I have been cooking with DOs for a few years. I have the tripod anda big kettle, several 12s, a 10, 8 and other misc. peices. I also horse camp and like to cook this way. The place at Congress had some things that Lodge doesn't have, but thanks for the info.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)