'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Undercoating Trailer Ideas?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-09-06 11:46 AM
2 replies, 3582 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Steph_735
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2006-09-01 9:22 PM (#47729)
Subject: Undercoating Trailer Ideas?

Regular

My trailer was painted underneat with paint, but has a few rust spots. Is their a primer that i can spray on without having to remove the rust? And what would be best to under coat it with? Like i've seen that paint on do it your self truck liner. Would that work? Cause i would like to undercoat the bottom of the trailer and inside the fenders with something like that.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hounddog
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-09-02 5:02 AM (#47736 - in reply to #47729)
Subject: RE: Undercoating Trailer Ideas?

Expert

You can buy spray undercoating in cans.Did a travel trailer once with it.Rust use some EXTEND in a can.Can be bought at most auto parts stores same as the spray undercoating.Follow the instructions.Not hard to do.
statzk
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-09-06 11:46 AM (#47969 - in reply to #47729)
Subject: RE: Undercoating Trailer Ideas?

Veteran

Check out POR-15.  I did the frame and suspension of my Corvette with it after sandblasting, no rust after 3 years.  Others on the vette forum have done the same.  Stuff is expensive but great.  I just painted the frame of a trailer, but as I was selling it I did it with rattle cans of Rustoleum.  Had I been keeping the trailer I would have invested in a can of POR-15.

http://www.por15.com/

Awesome stuff.  I will be doing the frame of my '51 Ford F1 in the stuff as well.  The semi-gloss black gives a nice finish, the regular black is somewhat glossy when dry, looks a bit strange on a frame IMHO.

Cheers!

~Kevin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World