'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need everyone's input; dealership I work for wants to start selling trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-24 11:07 AM
9 replies, 3502 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

HBSVT
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-04-10 10:32 AM (#40183)
Subject: Need everyone's input; dealership I work for wants to start selling trailers

New User

Hiya, my name is Vanessa Johnston. I work for Darling's, in Maine. Our website is www.darlings.com.

Copied from BHW:

My General Manager is exploring branching into New and Used Trailer Sales. I'm the only horsey person in the company, and he asked me my thoughts and advice on getting into it. I told him my opinions, and said I'd get him some grass roots advice from real consumers.

I plan on printing off this thread and showing it to him, so let's take the opportunity to tell the person who makes the decisions what's important to you when you are looking for a trailer.

Things I'd like to know from everyone, in detail:

What brands of trailer(s) do you trust, and why?

What is important to you when shopping for a trailer? Could it be the brand, warranty, service before and after the sale? What else?

Tell me your experiences, both good and bad, with your trailers, with dealers, etc. I want to hear it all.

A little about the dealership: We are the largest group in Maine, been around for over a century. Focused on customer satisfaction and quality products. I've been terribly fortunate to be involved with this company, in fact, I've had a significant amount of sales to "horse people," which is another thing that is influencing his decision,... I keep telling him we horse people are broke and used to being that way. If we find a dealership that values us and takes care of us, it's like our favorite tack store that may be further down the road than the most convenient store... we shop where we're appreciated, and when horse people shop, we SHOP!!

Tell me anything that you want heard and you think may be useful, thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
qhgirl
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-04-10 12:53 PM (#40192 - in reply to #40183)
Subject: RE: Need everyone's input; dealership I work for wants to start selling trailers

Veteran

Since you are a horse person, list the names of the trailers around your area.  You probably will not be able to sell those brands as they have "rights" to the surrounding areas.  Know that is normal in our state. 

THEN give us the list and we can give you the good, the bad and the ugly.. Our opinions that is!

intregrity
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-05-23 9:26 AM (#42146 - in reply to #40183)
Subject: RE: Need everyone's input; dealership I work for wants to start selling trailers

Vanessa, I would be glad to visit with You about selling Our trailers in Maine.please feel free to call Me @ 405-262-7130, or You can email Me @ burtd@coxinet.net. Thanks
RON @DREAM
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-05-23 11:10 AM (#42150 - in reply to #40183)

New User

VANESSA, WE ARE A CUSTOM DESIGNER/BUILDER OF HIGH CALIBUR, HIGH QUALITY, ALL ALUMINUM HORSE, STOCK, & S.U.V. ENCLOSED TRAILERS THAT WE MANUFACTURE IN THE GREAT STATE OF MISSISSIPPI.  WE HAVE BEEN IN THE HORSE TRAILER MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY SINCE THE LATE 70'S & HAVE BEEN BUILDING THIS CURRENT BRAND OF CUSTOM BUILT TRAILER PRODUCTS SINCE 1998.  WE ARE HIGHLY RECEIVED & RESPECTED IN YOUR AREA OF THE COUNTRY & WITHIN THE HORSE WORLD & WITH THE HORSEMEN.  IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT ME TOLL FREE @ 1-877-99-DREAM (1-877-993-7326) OR E-MAIL ME A CONTACT NUMBER FOR YOU & YOUR COMPANY'S OFFICERS, I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO DISCUSS THIS INDUSTRY IN DEPTH WITH & FOR YOU.

PLEASE VISIT & VIEW http://www.dreamcoachtrailer.com/

RESPECTFULLY,

RON H.

bob42
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-05-23 11:44 AM (#42151 - in reply to #40183)

check out American spirit trailers fairly new company their in indiana. we ordered a three horse with a ten ft short wall LQ.had it delivered to oregon for much less than we could get the same quality in oregon. we love it. ps/ country design puts a great LQ in them.
SLICKRNSNOT
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-05-23 2:08 PM (#42158 - in reply to #42151)

Elite Veteran

I HAVE HAD REAL GOOD LUCK WITH TRAILS WEST TRAILERS. THEY ARE AFFORDABLE,LOOK GOOD, AND PERFORM GREAT !! WE JUST PURCHASED A NEW ONE WITH LQ. A DREAM FOR QUITE A WHILE.

WE LOOKED AT A LOT OF TRAILERS BEFORE SELECTING THIS ONE.10X15 AMT WITH SLIDE.

bobbi'smom
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-05-23 6:18 PM (#42174 - in reply to #42158)

I agree with the trails west trailer. They hold up very well for a steel trailer in wet, damp areas.

stay far away from thuro-built. They are economical and look pretty when you first buy them. In my personal opinion they do not hold up well at all.

Cloud9
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-05-23 9:16 PM (#42182 - in reply to #40183)

Extreme Veteran

I have a Bison 3horse GN w/ 10 ft LQ. It's a fine trailer and at a reasonable price. It's our second Bison. Bison is in Milford, Indiana. Bisontrailer,com

Also have had a Hawk 3h bp a great trailer made in Manawa,Wisconsin. Had it for 5 years and it looked brand new.
sskinner
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-05-24 9:58 AM (#42208 - in reply to #40183)

Regular

I think I would look for manufacturers that will be able to back you (the dealership) up with good service as well. Another thing to consider is: tradionally the East Coast has been stronger in some disciplines, say hunter/jumper/dressage, etc... I would be looking for trailers that cater to those disciplines - warmblood size trailers, side ramps, etc... Figure out what the strong disciplines are in your area and go from there. What people want to trailer cow ponies around in Arizona is going to be different than needs in Maine. Just my thoughts...

Edited by sskinner 2006-05-24 10:00 AM
Congress
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-05-24 11:07 AM (#42212 - in reply to #40183)

In my opinion the two names I trust the most are 4-star and Sundowner, this being from past experience.

My most important detail in a trailer purchase would be the combination of price, warranty, and the dealers service to me. Once I buy something I don't want to be left hanging or pushed off into 12 different directions to resolve a problem.

One company that I really want to check into is a Sterling Coach, out of Oklahoma I believe. I must have had 6 different people over the last 4 months tell me how great a company they are, but I have had no experience with them so far.

If you become a dealer who appreciate each and every customer you will do good. Good luck.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)