'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
trailer shopping help!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-22 1:56 PM
10 replies, 4492 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

anna
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-20 5:12 PM (#37561)
Subject: trailer shopping help!!

Hi everyone, I am trailer shopping and I don't know the difference between all the trailers, I have found a 4-star with mangers drop downs and bus windows that I am going to look at in a couple of days and I don't know how 4-star measures up to all the other trailers. I also can not find a website for this brand. I know that all companys have good and bads just like chevs and fords. This trailer is all allumiumn and a 4 horse slant. I also found a Southern Classic I liked as well in my price range. Any infomation on these traliers would help. I live in the Dallas TX area and am hauling to a lot of barrel races if any one is intrested in sharing gas and company I would like to hear from you.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-20 7:10 PM (#37567 - in reply to #37561)
Subject: RE: trailer shopping help!!

Expert

4-stars are a top brand. I wouldn't worry about buying one. I've had 3.
Affordable
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-20 8:30 PM (#37582 - in reply to #37561)

Anna we are in Bellville, Texas and sell Merhows, they are worth taking a look at,if you would like to come see one or see some pic's e-mail me.

Tommy

Affordable Trailer Sales Co.

tommy@affordabletractorsalesco.com

Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-02-20 8:54 PM (#37584 - in reply to #37561)

Extreme Veteran

4 Star is an exellent trailer!
I'm just leary of the bus style windows in the back.  It gets so hot here.  I'd rather you look for drops on both sides or slats.

anna
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-20 9:42 PM (#37588 - in reply to #37561)
Subject: RE: trailer shopping bus window help!!

Wow thank you for replying to my question, I was concerned about the bus window as well however, there is a drop down on the rear door and it also has four roof vents. The person who is selling this trailer is in TX and claims there is plenty air flow. I know that when ever you drive over 10 mph with one window down it is more than I can stand however If anyone has any coments on bus windows in Hot states I would love to hear it.
hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-21 8:17 AM (#37607 - in reply to #37588)
Subject: RE: trailer shopping bus window help!!

Expert

I does have screens and bars in the face windows, right? With the vents open forward, the face windows dropped and the rear door drop open, you should have good air flow. But, because you live in Plano, try to buy something with an inusulated roof. You are in trailer heaven where you live, you know! Try Darrel Whitman in MO. He is awesome to work with and sells Elites, which is the same quality as a 4-star.

Edited by hav2ride 2006-02-21 8:21 AM
Oakley
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-21 11:51 AM (#37621 - in reply to #37561)

Anna, there are a lot of good trailers out there that are built really well. Some of the things that you want to look for structurally is how the steel and aluminum are connected. There is no such thing as an all alluminum trailer, there are certain things that have to be steel by law. Just make sure that the aluminum and steel are connected properly. Another thing to to look for is make sure that the floor is an interlocking plaked or corrugated floor. These floors are the safest and they will let urine run on out the back. Check and see what kind of warranty the trailer carries. I personally pull a Sundowner and love everything about it. Probably the most important thing you can look for in the trailer is make sure that you feel you and your horse are safe.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-02-21 12:10 PM (#37622 - in reply to #37561)

Expert

You will not be disappointed with a 4 Star, I really like the drops on both sides, if the one you are looking at doesn't have them it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. As far as how the steel coupler and running gear is attached, I don't think anyone will dispute the way a 4 Star is constructed(well maybe a Sundowner dealer).
Oakley
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-21 12:21 PM (#37623 - in reply to #37561)

I definitely wouldn't dispute the way the 4 Star is built either. They do a good job on their trailers. I just wanted to let you know that some manufacturers won't even let you know that there is some steel in their trailers. Just be careful and choose a reputable dealer with a good service department.
jnjlbj
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-21 5:58 PM (#37649 - in reply to #37561)

New User

THe 4-Star is a very good trailer, but I would also look at Stidham, and Heart.  We have put living quarters in almost every type of trailer out there, and those 3 manufactureres are very well built.  In my opinion, the best out there for the money!  You can look at the Stidhams at our website.. www.jnjconversions.com.  We are an authorized dealer for Stidham, and chose them over Heart and 4-Star on pure construction quality.  You won't go wrong with any of them!
anna
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-22 1:56 PM (#37685 - in reply to #37561)

Thanks again for all the input. Now I don't want any fights over this subject. (Ha Ha) I am buying from an indivaudal and I still have not found a website for 4-star I would like to know if anyone knows of a dealer that I may email or call to have them check out the VIN# and let me know what all was standard and who the connections are connected and what kind of flooring ect.... Thanks for all the help 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)