'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Sliverlite trailers.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-01 9:26 PM
4 replies, 2848 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

FLETCH
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-01-30 1:22 AM (#36193)
Subject: Sliverlite trailers.

New User

I've been looking at silverlite trailers. Like the raised roof area over the gooseneck, the slideout in the LQ's and the weight at about #8000 lbs. Can anyone comment, I'am new at this. Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dustydew
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-30 8:05 AM (#36200 - in reply to #36193)
Subject: RE: Sliverlite trailers.

Our best friends bought a 3 horse Sliverlite LQ w/ 12' SW and the 6' slide 2 years ago. They LOVE it! First they toured the factory (here in Oregon) and then ordered one with the options they wanted. They got all the bells and whistles except the generator (because they already have one they carry in the back of the truck). With the raised front area you can actually stand up, bending over of course. We do a lot of trail riding and camping and the only downside to this LQ is the length and space between the truck and axles on the trailer. They have gotten into some pretty tight spots and had to really manuever around. We have learned what campsites to choose for them... :)

We have a 10'8" Arctic Fox camper and a 4 horse Sundowner BP, and have more flexibility to get into the tight places than they do. But, some day I hope to get a LQ also. You just have to plan your trips a little better.

PS... We do go to some pretty hellacious places and put these trailers to the test!! (I posted some photos on the album page a little while back - Oregon Backcounty)

Dusty

monica
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-01-30 4:47 PM (#36245 - in reply to #36193)

Well you might as well check out Silverado too. They are very nearby Silverlite. Compare the two.
hullbrandon
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-01-30 8:26 PM (#36264 - in reply to #36193)

I have a Silverlite Patriot 3 and I really like my trailer.. I really like how the bunk is raised in the top so that you can situp in bed and not hit your head. I think the Silverlites are a very good quality trailer and I would definetely buy another one.
3 Horse Mama
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2006-02-01 9:26 PM (#36407 - in reply to #36193)

I recently purchased a Freedom model Silverlite trailer, 3 horse gooseneck.  I looked at trailers for a year before making my decision and picked Silverlite for their quality and service.  I am trying to get used to backing up with the gooseneck (used to have a bumper pull) in my narrow driveway, with 5 extra feet back there.  I know the trailer pulls like a dream, hardly know it is back there and my horses jumped right in it as soon as they saw it, as if to say, yes...this is the way to go!!  Anyway, good luck in your search, I would definitely recommend trying the Silverlite.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)