'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
FRP trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-02 10:24 AM
3 replies, 2991 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

flintspr
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-29 12:41 PM (#36165)
Subject: FRP trailers

Anyone have any experience with FRP skin trailers? I have heard they are heavy, but there are several on the market that fit my needs if they don't overweight my truck.  I need a 4 horse gn 20-24 on the floor, need to keep weight of empty trailer down around 6k, gross weight around 10 k. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-01-29 3:21 PM (#36172 - in reply to #36165)
Subject: RE: FRP trailers

Expert

Although I'm not a big fan of FRP trailers they should fall under 6K empty for a 4 horse 4' short wall. I don't think the resale is there on the FRP's due to the weight and the fact that they hard very hard to repair if something happens to them. All the dealers will be back tommorrow(Monday) to tell you how the newest FRP is not like the older ones but it still takes a very specialized repair verses a little welding for aluminum or steel.
baybrio
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-02 10:17 AM (#36429 - in reply to #36165)

New User

baybrio
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-02 10:24 AM (#36431 - in reply to #36165)

New User

I have a Merhow straight load FRP trailer. I love the trailer and the horses seem to like it also. I have had no trouble with the trailer, I bought it used, I believe it is a 96. The trailer looks absolutely new and has required no maintenance.

I'm not a dealer, and I've not had any repairs made so I can't speak about ease of repair.

It is true that perhaps the resale is not as high, that's one reason I purchased this trailer. A real bargain used. I did have a scarry moment with a young TB throwing huge fit including a lot of wall banging. Neither the trailer, nor the horse sustained any injury. I love that smooth interior.

Lydia
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)