'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Framing for insulation,m goosneck wall and gooseneck

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-01-29 2:20 PM
2 replies, 2542 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

sundogcwolfe
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-29 10:27 AM (#36155)
Subject: Framing for insulation,m goosneck wall and gooseneck

New User

I have a 4-star gooseneck that I am in the processing of converting into a living quarters. The walls can be relatively easily insulated and covered but I am confused about the best way to insulate the floor of the gooseneck and the gooseneck short wall (bulkhead?) There are no braces there so how do I attach studs to frame it? Do I have to drill through the aluminum? If so, what type of fasteners? Stainless steel? I have heard that stainless and aluminum can cause some some of electrolysis degradation.

Also since I will be eventually adding more electronics, is there some sort of central wiring box i should place in the trailer that I can tap into as my budget builds and I can add things later?

Thanks
Cwolfe
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-01-29 12:02 PM (#36160 - in reply to #36155)
Subject: RE: Framing for insulation,m goosneck wall and gooseneck

Expert

I am doing a 4 Star right now. I use 1"X3"s fasten them with zinc plated carrige bolts, you can use stainless that is what is holding the hitch to the trailer(look at the outside of the neck you'll see em'). As far as the central elcetric box use a converter easily found on e-bay get at least a 30 amp, preferably a 45 or 60 amp. It will also charge your battery.
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2006-01-29 2:20 PM (#36170 - in reply to #36155)
Subject: RE: Framing for insulation,m goosneck wall and gooseneck

Extreme Veteran

Hi Sundocwolfe.

Welcome to the forum. i think you meaen the vertical wall and not the short wall. Mine had no braces on it either and I just made my own. i used a 1x3 across the top and 1x2's down the middle's and on each end and put my insulation inbetween them. I fastened them with zinc plated screws and cut off the end with a dremel and seald them with RTV. Can't even notice them on the outside unless you really look. You can check out my website for some pics and such: http://todd.redwrench.com

Hope this helps.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)