'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
southern classic trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-01-26 9:57 PM
4 replies, 2899 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

4N Country
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-01-25 9:44 AM (#35963)
Subject: southern classic trailers

Can anyone tell me about  these trailers?  My dad is looking at one but there is no information on any website about the manufacturer.  They do not even have a website it appears .  Does anyone have or did have one of these trailers?  Pros or cons would be helpful.  Thanks.  

Edited by 4N Country 2006-01-25 9:47 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
4N Country
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-01-26 2:52 PM (#36025 - in reply to #35963)
Subject: RE: southern classic trailers

Hasn't anyone heard anything about these trailers?  If only I could find any information on the web....but so far nothing
dblhocker
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-01-26 4:18 PM (#36029 - in reply to #35963)

Regular

Southern Classic trailers are made in Sumner, IA and have been for about 15years.  The company was started by someone who used to work for another trailer company, can't remember which one now.

They are a well made trailer, very heavy duty.  They are probably not as cosmetically finished as some trailers.........so if you're wanting a real fancy finish, these probably aren't the trailers for you.  I know of several horse dealers in the upper midwest that pull a Southern Classic, because they hold up well from hauling hard.

Their niche seems to be more in the stock trailer end of things, although they do make horse trailers as well........hope this helps.

4N Country
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-01-26 8:59 PM (#36048 - in reply to #35963)

Thank you very much...I knew someone had to know something!!  This trailer is a stock combo slant.  Nothing is done to the dressing area but that is the way my dad wanted it so that he had a project to keep him occuppied for the rest of winter.  I will the pass the info on.  I was curious as to the weight compared to other trailers and was looking for a website but it won't open.  Wonder why??  Thanks again!!
4N Country
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-01-26 9:57 PM (#36056 - in reply to #35963)

What poor timing!!!  I just called my dad to tell him the good news about the quality of trailer and he said he found out that the trailer was sold.    Well the trailer shopping continues.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)