'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Holding tanks

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-01-21 7:23 PM
2 replies, 2565 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2006-01-21 7:35 AM (#35784)
Subject: Holding tanks

Elite Veteran

Has anyone here ever installed thier own holding tanks? I want to install them on my Exiss for grey and black water. Any suggestions? Also a good place to order them from.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-01-21 4:13 PM (#35794 - in reply to #35784)
Subject: RE: Holding tanks

Expert

I put them in myself, and I have them made at local sheet metal shop out of aluminum. I use 1/8" aluminum my guy cuts them, brakes them, and welds them for about $200 ea. You can buy them cheaper than that but the narrowest ones I have found are 15" wide. If you look under your trailer you probley have I beams placed at 12" spacing, to use the wider tanks you have to knock(cut) one of the I beams out, Store bought conversion places do it all the time. I'm not a big fan of 24" spans of aluminum floor with no supprt under it. So I pay a little more I get tanks that fit the trailer I am building, and I get them out of aluminum, I have had people drag the valves off(easy fix) but have never had anyone rip a hole in one(dents, no holes).

ajs01
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-01-21 7:23 PM (#35797 - in reply to #35784)
Subject: RE: Holding tanks

Regular

Search around the net. I've seen them out there.

One other thing you should think about is getting two aluminum I beams and mounting them under the running boards. I can and have sunk into variouse material without ever breaking a pipe or a tank.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)