'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Exiss is the "Official Trailer of AQHA" - what's that worth?

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-01-27 1:50 PM
25 replies, 6264 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Edited by farmbabe 2005-12-31 3:05 PM
Mini Oaks
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-12-29 5:54 PM (#34514)
Subject: Exiss is the "Official Trailer of AQHA" - what's that worth?

Ford currently offers a $500 Incentive to AQHA members on new vehicles. Does Exiss offer any type of incentive to AQHA members since they are the "Official Trailer of AQHA"? You would think that would be worth some type of incentive, especially since they have decals proclaiming / advertising that in the windows of new Exiss trailers.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-12-29 8:19 PM (#34519 - in reply to #34514)
Subject: RE: Exiss is the "Official Trailer of AQHA" - what's that worth?

Extreme Veteran

And your point is?

Who cares?

robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-12-29 8:58 PM (#34525 - in reply to #34514)

Extreme Veteran

And your point is?

Who cares?

Seems like a good point to me.  In years past, we were able to use the discount with Ford for AQHA membership. Seems like a good idea and something they should offer.  I think this member is looking for any input.  Instead, they find replies like this.  Its a wonder anyone will post any topics with replies like this.  Apparently some people missed the post about forum etiquette.
hullbrandon
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-12-30 5:06 AM (#34543 - in reply to #34514)

I know that when it was just Sooner that was the official trailer of the AQHA they offered I think a $250 or $500 discount.
iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-12-30 7:41 AM (#34545 - in reply to #34514)

Extreme Veteran

I don't know, but I would imagine that Exiss paid AQHA a nice sum for their endorsement. I don't think this is uncommon I think Hart is tied in with the Paint horses. It is just a marketing thing,
hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-12-30 7:47 AM (#34546 - in reply to #34545)

Expert

I's definitely a marketing thing.  Just like TexTan being the "official" saddle of AQHA.  I don't know a single person who shows in a TexTan, yet it's the "official " saddle.  Who cares!
OK-Cowboy
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-12-30 12:01 PM (#34558 - in reply to #34514)

Actaully, Exiss and Sooner BOTH are "Official Trailers of The AQHA". The are both owned by UTC.  While there isn't a constant "deal" or "discount", they usually have different incentives throughtout the year. While they don't always have "good deals", the money that UTC pours into AQHA as a sponsor helps support and put on AQHA Events such as the New Regional Expereince Shows and numerous other events that we as AQHA members enjoy, UTC sponsors and makes possible.

Champhorse
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-12-30 1:31 PM (#34564 - in reply to #34514)

Veteran

You asked what it was worth...........probably about $1M in advertising dollars to the AQHA for the year. I think anybody could be the official product of anything if the $ was big enough !!!  

Edited by Champhorse 2005-12-30 1:33 PM
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-12-30 4:17 PM (#34572 - in reply to #34514)

Expert

Unless there is some sort of discount for members of AQHA, then its worthless. Its like seeing the names of trainers who use a particular grooming product. So and So uses this coat conditioner!!!! So what? Using the names and faces of celebrity types to sell products must owkr or Exiss wouldn't have paid $$$$ to get that endorsement. It would be nice to get a rebate/discount as a member.

OK-Cowboy
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-12-30 5:10 PM (#34575 - in reply to #34514)

Ok this really frustrates me! First off they do offer incentives from time to time but what Im getting at is all those AQHA shows you attend and that nice AQHA Magazine "Americas Horse" and all the things being a member AQHA does for you is made possible b/c of all the $ Exiss puts into AQHA! So while you might now see that direct discount or good deal in front of you, it benifts you every time you pay that AQHA membership fee! It wasn't that many months ago, that if AQHA members bought a "in-stock" Sooner, they got a discount. And not to long ago at the Regional Shows that FREE trailer that gave away was a Exiss! 
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-12-30 8:32 PM (#34584 - in reply to #34514)

Expert

Exiss doesn't drop those bucks out of the goodness of their hearts- its advertising dollars- pure and simple. They want there name where everyone can see it. There isn't anything wrong with it, its just good business. But don't read that much into it- AQHA or any breed association needs those advertising dollars. If it weren't Exiss, it would be someone else ie Sooner,Sundowner,etc. It would also be good business to offer a discount for buying the product as well.
OK-Cowboy
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-12-30 9:31 PM (#34589 - in reply to #34514)

...like talking to a brick wall...
OK-Cowboy
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-12-30 10:26 PM (#34596 - in reply to #34514)

SOONER AND EXISS TRAILERS Official Trailers of AQHA since 1988 * Presenting Sponsor of the Year-End All-Around Amateur, Reserve All-Around Amateur, All-Around Junior, All-Around Senior, World Champion Racing and Open Division Leading Contender Superhorse Awards * Title Sponsor of the AQHA RIDE Program * Co-sponsors the AQHA World Championship Show – Presents the Sooner Trailer Superhorse and Sooner Trailer All-Around Amateur Awards * Co-sponsors the AQHYA World Championship Show * Co-sponsors the Bayer Select World Championship Show – Presents the Sooner Trailer Select All-Around Amateur Award * Sponsors the Sooner Leading Owner Award of the MBNA America Racing Challenge * Exiss - Presenting sponsor of the AQHA Regional Experience
vsealnc
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-12-30 10:31 PM (#34597 - in reply to #34514)

Well...from what I understand...and I am researching to profile some trailer manufactures myself, but...as of Jan 1 Exiss along with most trailer brands are going to have a price increase due to the cost of aluminum and steel.

Car dealers are begging for people to buy.  All the employee price deals that the domestics put on took a ton of buyers out of the market and got them to purchase or trade early.  I think the car guys will give anything to make a sale.  Free Gas, Trailer Discount...just whatever new gimic they can dream up.

OK-Cowboy
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-12-30 11:12 PM (#34602 - in reply to #34514)

This is true. I believe 90% of your Brands will have a price increase anytime soon, most likely after the new year, so the prices you are getting right now are gonna look better!
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-12-31 8:10 AM (#34609 - in reply to #34514)

Expert

I get it- if I disagree with you then its " talking to a brick wall" but if you disagree with me, its just you right and I am wrong....

But again, that doesn't change the fact- sponsorship is just advertising. Exiss is spending alot of money to supprt AQHA programs IN RETURN for getting their name and logo splashed across everything they can. Thats not bad , its probably a good deal for them but it would also be nice to offer something else to AQHA members, which I am not. i would have the same opinion if Exiss ( or whatever) sponsored arabian horse assocaition program, for which I am member. 

OK-Cowboy
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-12-31 9:39 AM (#34616 - in reply to #34558)

Originally written by OK-Cowboy on 2005-12-30 12:01 PM

While there isn't a constant "deal" or "discount", they usually have different incentives throughtout the year.

The reason I said that is that I have stated more than once in my previous post that they HAVE offered various discounts in the past, with the latest just being a few months ago. Would it be nice if it was a constant thing, yes. But you keep griping that they don't and Im saying AGAIN, that they have and I assure you will again!
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-12-31 2:52 PM (#34636 - in reply to #34575)

Expert

"Ok this really frustrates me! First off they do offer incentives from time to time but what Im getting at is all those AQHA shows you attend and that nice AQHA Magazine "Americas Horse" and all the things being a member AQHA does for you is made possible b/c of all the $ Exiss puts into AQHA! So while you might now see that direct discount or good deal in front of you, it benifts you every time you pay that AQHA membership fee! It wasn't that many months ago, that if AQHA members bought a "in-stock" Sooner, they got a discount. And not to long ago at the Regional Shows that FREE trailer that gave away was a Exiss! "

This was your post I was responding to. Yes Exiss and others can and do offer some discounts as a part of promotional effort. The original question on this thread was- what is this type of sponsorship worth to a member? What is it worth to a member to have an Official Trailer? For the most part- not much UNLESS there is some sort of discount-ie hotel chains offer USEF members a percentage off a room, year round, as well as discounted car rentals,insurance etc.  To offer a discount on "in stock" trailers to AQHA members is nice but its just another way to clear inventory at that time ( on sale). Would the fact that Exiss sponsors particular shows make me more inclined to buy Exiss, maybe but maybe not. Again, its good business to advertise where the buyers are.  

calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-01-02 9:59 AM (#34718 - in reply to #34514)

Elite Veteran

AAAbout Exiss.... My husband and I have done alot of research before buying our 3rd LQ trailer this fall. The new Exiss trailers look great... but... if you look at one that is even 3 years old they look worn out unless they have been inside most of their life. They are an affordable entry level aluminum trailer. If you cannot afford a 4-star/Elite/Platinum/Cimmarron/Hart... look at the "fusion" steel frame aluminum wall trailers that are really put together well. The association with AQHA is paid for promotion... means very little for you and me except the illusion of discount..sharpen your negotiation skills and don't get "the hots" good luck.
sasy
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2006-01-26 1:56 PM (#36022 - in reply to #34718)

New User

You know that used to be true. I would not have bought an Exiss trailer a few years ago. The company is now truely aware of this and they have changed the structure of the trailer for the better. I have pulled a Featherlite for years and owned 4 of them. Yes my husband and I are Exiss and Sooner dealers but I still have my Featherlite and am still pulling it. After completing researching the product again I am getting ready to sell my Featherlite, (which, trust me, is a hard thing for me to do), and get into a UTC product. The flooring along has convinced me. The flooring for the Exiss and Sooner products is 1.25 thick compared to my flooring in my Featherlite of 0.75. The UTC flooring is the strongest in the industry. Just check. That's a hugh difference when you put an animal the size of our horses in there. I was shocked. I am not an easy sell myself, as you can tell because I wouldn't budge from selling my Featherlite even though we're an Exiss and Sooner dealer. I understand that Exiss has had an incrediably bad reputation but I would just like for people to look again at the product and the changes before they completely rule out a UTC product.
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-01-26 3:44 PM (#36027 - in reply to #34514)

Extreme Veteran

"I understand that Exiss has had an incrediably bad reputation .........."

Wow, this is news to me! Guess I have always heard and seen positives in this trailer brand. I'm quite happy with mine.

sasy
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2006-01-26 4:13 PM (#36028 - in reply to #34514)

New User

At one point in Exiss' "life" they did have somewhat of a bad reputation unfortunately. I'm really glad to hear you like yours. I know I had heard of some bad things. That was before my husband and I became Exiss dealers. There are still some people out there that believe Exiss is a low end trailer. This is no longer true. It's affordable and they just keep on improving this product while keeping it affordable. Like I said before, I'm getting ready to get into a UTC product because I am so impressed with them. I wasn't trying to hurt any feelings or insult anybody. I know I had just heard that myself and wanted to let people know it's no longer like that which is a good things. Happy trailering!!
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-01-26 7:24 PM (#36038 - in reply to #36028)

Expert

I could have got $500 off a Ford truck (that I didn't want) if I had shown an AQHA membership card - is that an answer ?
Would it have been a "deal" ?
If I could get $500 off an Exiss trailer that I also don't want - is that a "deal" ?
Are these questions rhetorical ?
{nevermind}

It might be a sign of desparation - marketeers resort to all kinds of "Illusions" (a polite euphamism for "LIES").

You endorse me and I'll endorse you, supposedly we both gain credibility in the eyes of an unsuspecting public, who's money we're both after.

Yes, its all part of the money_go_round, "endorsements" - don't confuse that word with "lobbying", it is (slightly) less dirty.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-01-26 7:51 PM (#36040 - in reply to #34514)

Expert

I agree with Reg it is worth nothing to get a discount on anything that you don't want. What Exiss/Sooner/Miley/Universal Trailer is banking on is they can convince enough uninformed AQHA members to take them up on it, and buy a trailer that may or may not be up to snuff.
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-01-26 8:03 PM (#36041 - in reply to #36040)

Expert

Originally written by HWBar on 2006-01-26 8:51 PM

I agree with Reg it is worth nothing to get a discount on anything that you don't want. What Exiss/Sooner/Miley/Universal Trailer is banking on is they can convince enough uninformed AQHA members to take them up on it, and buy a trailer that may or may not be up to snuff.

Within an endorser's sticker's value of snuff ? (-:

If $500 is pivotal you probably don't REALLY know whether you want that trailer or not. Moving down the line, is there a coupon for $700 off the next one ? Ahh, a_NOTHER $200 ! Maybe TWO endorsement stickers on it, perhaps even the olympic 5 rings ? You still don't really know its the right trailer if you're looking at endorsement stickers and "how much off MSRP".

As to my golf shoes, no Tiger swoosh and I don't think my game would improve with them. There are other problems with my golf (-:

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)