'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
ANYONE OUT THERE FROM THE PORTLAND OREGON REGION?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-12-29 12:49 AM
7 replies, 3890 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

windwalker
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-28 6:51 PM (#34469)
Subject: ANYONE OUT THERE FROM THE PORTLAND OREGON REGION?

Hi,  I'm from New Zealand and am going to be travelling over to Portland next year and was wondering if anyone there knew someone in the Portland area that has a gaited horse.  We don't have any in New Zealand and was keen to get a look at one while I was there.  Can anyone help???
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
brisco
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-28 7:53 PM (#34475 - in reply to #34469)
Subject: RE: ANYONE OUT THERE FROM THE PORTLAND OREGON REGION?

Regular

Hi, I just registered here a few minutes ago.  I see nobody has replied to your post but I'm sure someone will eventually.  Don't be discouraged.

I'm from Michigan and know lots of Tenessee Walking Horse people and their horses; I have a foxtrotter.  Hope your trip is a great success!

windwalker
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-28 7:55 PM (#34476 - in reply to #34469)

I have been riding for about 30 years (Oh god that does sound like a loooong time) and I currently own an Appaloosa who I do dressage on.  Have done some Western riding for about 2 years, done trail riding, a wee bit of endurance riding and hunting to the hounds for about 4 seasons.
windwalker
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-28 8:06 PM (#34477 - in reply to #34475)

Thanks for replying Brisco.  I got a bit confused as to who I was answering with that last message I posted as I am currently on two sites at once.  Sorry about that. 

Thanks for your comment.  I'm sure there are people out there, just a bit hard sometimes trying to find them when you live half a world away!  Just a matter of getting onto the right site at the right time I guess. 

oregontrailrider
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-12-29 12:10 AM (#34479 - in reply to #34469)

Hi:  I'm from Oregon - about 2 hours from Portland.  I"ll see if I can get someone in my statewide trailriding club to get together with you while you are here. If you are coming out to the North Oregon Coast I could get you together with Paso Fino members in our local group. 
windwalker
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-29 12:28 AM (#34482 - in reply to #34479)

Thanks very much for replying.  I have also logged onto another forum and someone from near Eugene, Oregon has replyed and has kindly offered to take me for a ride on one of their two horses.  I will keep you posted if this comes to pass.  I am really very interested in these horses as I have mentioned, I don't know of any in New Zealand that are gaited.  I think we have the odd Paso Fino in the North Island somewhere and I think there is a Morgan or two about but none of these I know of are gaited.  We certainly don't have TWH or Saddlebreds etc that I am aware of. 
krys
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-12-29 12:32 AM (#34483 - in reply to #34479)

Elite Veteran

There is a Tennessee Walker breeding stable in Sherwood, which is about a 30-45 minute drive from downtown Portland. There is also a Paso Fino stable in Hillsboro, that's about a 30 minute drive. I will do some more research and see if I can get you addresses and phone numbers, along with a contact name for you.

When do you plan on coming over to the states?

windwalker
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-29 12:49 AM (#34484 - in reply to #34483)

Thank you so much for your help krys.  I am arriving in Calgary for the last two days of the stampede and then I only have from 18-21st July in the Portland area before I go on a cattle drive in Montana.  It's a pretty hectic schedule.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)