'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Refridgerator problem

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-12-30 10:40 PM
4 replies, 2535 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Steve
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-12-28 5:03 PM (#34465)
Subject: Refridgerator problem

I have a LQ trlr with a Norcold refridgerator , gas/electric and the LP mode works normal , but the electric now has to be turned way up to cool it . Last summer while camping and plugged in there was a thunderstorm and the current blinked several times,and then went out. I had forgot we were on the electric mode of the fridge, could this be the cause of the problem and what might be wrong ? Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
mgisse
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-28 5:11 PM (#34466 - in reply to #34465)
Subject: RE: Refridgerator problem

it sounds like the board . there is a problem with the board and the thermister (thermostat) working together . any high or low voltage can damage the board . mostrv dealerships can test the board and tell you where the problem is at
hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-12-29 8:57 AM (#34490 - in reply to #34465)

Expert

Could the places where you are camping have 20amps instead of 30?  This could be a problem if you are running other things at the same time your fridge is set for electric power.  Sometimes you can even have 30 and yet not be able to draw enough power if there are too many trailers plugged into the same source.  Mnay times when I camp at shows, I will leave the fridge on the ac/lp mode so the fridge can pick the best power source.
Roger
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-12-30 1:07 PM (#34562 - in reply to #34465)

From my experience I would thinks its the 110 volt Heating Element. Most of the time when you have board problems it wont work at all on electric. Sometimes a heating element wont go completely out it will just start pulling more amps which will cause breakers to kick or a fuse to blow on the board. Other times it just wont get hot enough. Its similar to one on a household water heater. It would be a cheaper place to start, Most heating elements run about $30.00 and circuit boards run about $150.00.
Steve
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-12-30 10:40 PM (#34599 - in reply to #34562)

Thanks for the reply. Is the element or the board something I could check , or take off and bring in or would I be as well to take the trlr to an rv dealer ? I do seem to remember it kicked a breaker afterwards while plugged in at home. Thanks again
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)