'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Steel Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-12-29 9:09 AM
2 replies, 2634 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Perry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-12-28 2:09 PM (#34460)
Subject: Steel Trailers

I've read comments about Ponderosa trailers and others, but since I need to hold cost below $5,000 on a 2 h BP w/ dressing room,  I would like for someone to tell me the best quality (structure,paint and how well it pulls) for my money.  I would like comments in regard to the Chaparral, WW, CM or other steels to draw comparisons on.  I live in the midsouth area.  Thank you for your help.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ike
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-12-28 4:26 PM (#34463 - in reply to #34460)
Subject: RE: Steel Trailers

Veteran

Hello Perry.   We are almost neighbors. Maybe see you on a trail ride sometime this coming year. I was in same situation. Sold an old trailer I'd bought for 1K and repainted myself. Needed something bigger with weekend space. Looked for a year. Read all the post on here, visited dealers in person and via the internet, etc....but for the $$, I bought a Chapparral up in the Ky lake area and we love it.  Sure I'd rather have a nice aluminum trailer but for the money I feel I got a good deal.

There was an article in Western Horseman, Nov 05, about seeing an old truck with side panels hauling a horse, parked at a trail ride next to expensive LQ trailers, and it gave the writer a chance when she got home to talk to her kids about the relative worth of fancy possessions and dazzling design as compared to utility.

My Steel trailer will be just fine until I can afford better.

My brother in law has a CM and it is a real nice trailer, but more $ than the Chaparral. Good Luck in your quest.

Edited by Ike 2005-12-29 7:50 AM
Perry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-12-29 9:09 AM (#34492 - in reply to #34463)
Subject: RE: Steel Trailers

Ike, that is well said, and just the kind of info that I need.  I plan to look at the chapparal, calico and possibly the cm.  Most likely choose between the first two based on other info that I can get and the cost.  Thanks and will look for you on the trails.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)