'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
GM recall and MPG race

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-12-27 10:49 AM
0 replies, 2376 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

MrTruck
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-12-27 10:49 AM (#34419)
Subject: GM recall and MPG race

Elite Veteran

General Motors Corp. is expanding a recall of sport utility vehicles and pickup trucks with possible antilock brake corrosion to include another 553,000 vehicles in six states and the District of Columbia. The recall involves the 1999-2002 model years of the Chevrolet Avalanche, Chevrolet Silverado, Chevrolet Tahoe, Chevrolet Suburban, GMC Sierra, GMC Yukon and GMC Yukon XL. GM said in August that it was recalling about 800,000 of the vehicles in 14 northern states, including Michigan. GM spokesman Alan Adler said Friday the recall will be expanded to include Delaware, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. Road grime can wedge its ways into a plastic piece that covers the ABS sensor near the wheel hub, Adler said, resulting in salt corrosion. The corrosion leads to unwanted activation of the antilock brakes at low speeds, requiring a longer stopping distance. According to the most recent data available, there were 228 crashes reported through the end of May, including 10 minor injuries.

Source: Associated Press

So you know this means when you buy a used truck  from any state to take the VIN # to a GM service center to see if there is any outstanding recalls on it. Which is what you should do with any make of truck when considering buying used. It shouldn't cost anything.

GM is also introducing the 2007 SUV's early. The 2007 Chevy Tahoe coming out next week in January. What you'll see in the new TV ads will be focusing on fuel economy with the new GM SUV's. Which is good, it seems this has been forgotten on the diesel trucks. I use to see diesel pickups hit 20 mpg empty on the highway. But in the last couple of years, with all the new Dodge, Ford and GM diesels they bring me for review, none have gotten over 15 mpg. So while we all love the more power that each new model has, I miss the fuel economy that diesels were known for. Might have to wait for the V-6 diesels in 1/2 tons to see 20 mpg again.

I'll be at the Detroit Auto Show in January hopefully with some pictures of what the 07 Ford and GM trucks will be like. Dodge usuall introduces new trucks at the Chicago Auto Show.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)