'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
dixie horse & mule

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-12-27 11:10 AM
7 replies, 4357 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

crazyhorse woman
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-22 1:43 PM (#34327)
Subject: dixie horse & mule

For anyone out there contemplating purchasing a new or used trailer I must sing the praises of The Dixie Horse & Mule Trailer Sales.  In particular I dealt with Lise at the Conyers GA location. 

My 2003 LQ trailer had been in the shop too many times for repairs and I wanted a new one!  The dealer I had purchased the 2003 from was out of busness so I tried the dealer in Indiana who had done the repairs.  To my amazement they wanted to rob me for my trade-in and charge me way to much for the new trailer I was looking at.  Feeling frustrated I called the DH&M in Conyers GA on a saturday morning and got Lise.  I explained my problem to her and she went right to work.  Don Smith, the owner of DH&M, was at a week long ride somewhere in Florida.  Lise was talking back and forth with him by phone and by email.  Between the two of them they worked out a deal for us.  They paid off our 2003 trailer and we paid them what they had advertised the 2005 for.  That is what is great about them.  No guessing about the price, it is posted for all to see.  They took our 2003 trailer that needed work and were willing to repair it.  They paid off our trailer loan.  We ended up with a beautiful all aluminum 2005 Exiss 3 horse 14ft slide-out with an onan generator.  The trailer of our dreams and it was done with little or no hassle.  We live in Ohio but were more than willing to travel to GA to get the trailer.  I know that DH&M also offers free delivery on some of their trailers. 

The bottom line is that my husband and I bought our first new LQ trailer in 2003 and looked at many new trailers after that.  We talked to Don Smith at 2005 QH Congress in Columbus, Ohio about trading our trailer in.  When we finally called them in November he remembered us!  It is easy to see why they are one of the most successful dealers in USA.  Customer service seems to be their first priority.  They treated us like we had bought our 2003 trailer from them and that they needed to make it right for us.  I can't say enough good about Lise and Don.  I have recommended them to many of my horse friends.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-12-22 1:58 PM (#34328 - in reply to #34327)
Subject: RE: dixie horse & mule

Elite Veteran

Two of my friends bought LQ trailers from there and encouraged others to buy from them.  The big Exiss did have some severe leak issues, but they handled the repairs.
crazyhorse woman
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-22 2:07 PM (#34329 - in reply to #34327)

Please don't say LEAK  That is the reason we got rid of the 2003.  I feel very confident that we won't have the same issues and Exiss has such a wonderful warranty also.
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-12-22 3:49 PM (#34333 - in reply to #34327)

Elite Veteran

sorry not sure of the year probably an '03 or '04 - they went camping for a month over the summer and had a terrible time with it.  Lots of kidding from all of us, but it was fixed eventually.  Not sure of the size of the LQ but they have bunk beds for the kids and a slide out couch.  They are happy with Dixie though as they did make sure it got repaired.  I have heard of other brands have these types of issues as well. 

crazyhorse woman
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-22 3:54 PM (#34335 - in reply to #34327)

I can attest to that! 

We brought our new trailer home, pulled in our lane and ten minutes later it started freezing rain.  We've since had 6-8 inchs of snow, freezing rain etc etc.  The norm for Ohio.  It has stayed nice and dry so far.

ajs01
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-12-22 4:40 PM (#34340 - in reply to #34327)

Regular

The truth being told, I don't think I would ever buy a trailer from anyone else. I've bought two from them already. Being in south florida every trailer dealer including the one in West Palm Beach thinks theirs is gold. Don puts a fair price on a trailer will work with you as much as he can.
crazyhorse woman
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-22 5:21 PM (#34342 - in reply to #34327)

it's a hard enough job shopping for a new trailer anyways.  Most dealers want to play games or try to make you feel stupid.  That's what I like about DH&M,  no games.  If I ever need another new trailer I will definately buy from them.  I only got to meet the girls at the Conyers GA location, but what a bunch of qualified people.  From Lise the sales person all the way to the girl that ran the shop.  I can't remember her name but she was so thorough, making sure everything was right.  I have no complaints, just praise.
kat
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-12-27 11:10 AM (#34421 - in reply to #34327)

We had a wonderful experience buying our trailer from them (3H Exiss Lineshack Sport). We did have to have a few little things fixed under warranty, all of which was handled well easily. I will gladly buy our next one from them, too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)