'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
WW trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-12-15 4:22 PM
5 replies, 3112 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

foginbrainz
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-13 9:19 PM (#34033)
Subject: WW trailers

New User

Hello

I am new here, someone from another board sent me here, because she said, you guys "know your stuff"

I am looking to buy a trailer, and I was going to look at a WW trailer tomorrow afternoon. It is a 92 2 horse straight load, but I am not familar with the brand. Can anybody give me any info on it, or any yeahs or neighs?

Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-12-14 4:15 AM (#34042 - in reply to #34033)
Subject: RE: WW trailers

Expert

Hi,I've owned 2 WW trailers.One was a 4H stock,the other a 2H tall BP.They were good trailers.I think the main thing with any used trailer,especially steel,is the care they've been given.And I'm most particular about the type of care the floors have had.Also,I always take mine to have the wheel bearings checked and packed whenever I've bought a used trailer.And some new ones need it! Good luck.And this is an excellent site to learn and get advice on! You might not always like the answers,but,they're pretty honest!
Texas Butch
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-12-14 8:07 AM (#34054 - in reply to #34033)

Veteran

Based on my experience with trailer shopping and observation, WW is at the lower end of the spectrum.  They seem to start rusting quicker than some others.  If you are looking for a used steel trailer, look at CM or Trails West.

ks_cowgirl
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-14 11:56 AM (#34067 - in reply to #34033)

I have owned 2 WW 2H BP Straight load trailers and to be honest, I wouldn't own anything else.  They are very well made, they pull straight and they seem to hold their resale value really well.  Sure they will start to rust if you get any knicks from the gravel etc, but what steel trailer won't if you don't keep up on your maintence?
poog
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-12-14 8:33 PM (#34098 - in reply to #34033)

New User

I had a 1984 WW 2 horse bumper pull. It was very lightweight and had a short tongue. I never had any problem with rust, but the trailer stayed in the Southwest most of the time. I still see it in the area once in a while so it has lasted a long time. I think I replaced a rear door once, but nothing else other than regular maintenance.
Jbsny
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-12-15 4:22 PM (#34117 - in reply to #34033)

Extreme Veteran

I owned a '79WW.  I loved it.  It pulled great and the only reason I moved it on was that I got bigger horses that didn't fit in it.  I still see it at shows and it is going strong.  In fact, the people who had it simply took a roller and painted it like a room.  Still worked well and looked solid.

Jbsny

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)