'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Newbie here, DIY LQ questions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-12-14 8:46 AM
5 replies, 2686 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

st_pinetree
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-13 7:01 PM (#34029)
Subject: Newbie here, DIY LQ questions

Hi all,

I've recently decided to do my own weekender living quarters, so I've been busily searching this forum to come up with ideas.  Lots of good stuff here, thanks for all the pics and info.  I haven't been able to find out a couple things, maybe one of you could help. 

First, has anyone used the "converters" from an RV for the electrical?  There are many available on Ebay for reasonable prices.  From what I understand, this serves as the fuse panel for the 12V, the breaker box for the 110, and the charger for the batteries.  Correct?  Pictures or wiring diagrams associated with this anyone?

Second, due to cost considerations, I am planning a small through the wall A/C unit under the goosneck.  I am looking for ideas on what reinforcement or bracketing that may be necessary.  I am planning on having a diamond plate box made to cover the outside of the unit while in travel to keep it clean, and to keep the appearance nice.  Anyone done something similar?  Pics would be helpful here as well.

Thanks in advance.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-12-13 8:44 PM (#34032 - in reply to #34029)
Subject: RE: Newbie here, DIY LQ questions

Extreme Veteran

I have done four LQ and it is no picnic. re AC I would go for the one on roof you can get one from Camping World for about 600 and usually they run instal on special for $5. I wouldn't lift it up there for $5. Then you don,t have to have another cover made and the ones in the ceiling work much better. I have had both and you dont have to cut the hole. Be sure to use plenty of insulation and don't run any screws in the ceiling directly from inside into the metal crossmembers. It condensates and water drips down the screws. The converters are well worth the money. Good luck!
notawordok
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-12-13 10:47 PM (#34037 - in reply to #34029)

Regular

If any way possible go with a roof mount A/C. The other will work but the roof mount is the way to go. As for the converter yes it will work and work well. Mine does not have the charger built into the fuse panel but I have a 40amp rv charger and it works great. Yes you are right the fuse panel does have 110 breakes and 12 fuses.
paintthatain't
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-12-13 10:59 PM (#34040 - in reply to #34029)

Regular

My trailer has the a/c unit mounted under the gooseneck and has been there for about 8yrs. There are no special reinforcements and it has never been covered. I haven't noticed much debris on the unit after long trips but a diamond plate cover would look nicer.

CS

st_pinetree
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-14 6:51 AM (#34045 - in reply to #34040)

Do you have any pictures of your AC? I'm interested in how it is mounted. I realize the roof unit would be "better", but to me, for such a small space it isn't hundreds of dollars better.
luluwhit
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-12-14 8:46 AM (#34057 - in reply to #34029)

WE ALSO MOUNTED AN AC UNDER THE NECK OF THE TRAILER.  I DONT HAVE A GREAT PIC BUT ILL ATTACH WHAT I CAN.  WE USED REGULAR SHELF BRACKETS TO SET IT ON AND I HAD AN ALUMINUM COVER MADE FOR IT AS WE LIVE ON A GRAVEL ROAD AND I DIDNT WANT IT TORE UP.  REMEMBER U MUST UNCOVER THE BACK TO RUN THE UNIT SO IT MUST ATTACH EASY.  WE USED A SCREW ON EACH SIDE TO HOLD IT ONTO THE UNIT AND ANOTHER SCREW AT THE BACK ON EACH SIDE TO LOOSEN WHEN WE GET TO WHERE WE ARE GOING.  THE COVER FOLDS DOWN BUT DOESNT COME OFF.  IT KEPT US REALLY COOL AND WAS EASY AND CHEAP.  GOOD LUCK.

http://horsejockey.com/addetail.php?itemid=2543 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)