'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
What is rumbar flooring?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-12-14 7:45 AM
4 replies, 5334 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jillian
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-12-10 2:05 PM (#33933)
Subject: What is rumbar flooring?

How is rumbar flooring different from other flooring(wood/mats,sundowner,featherlite,etc) as far as noise, comfort,maintenaince and longevity?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-12-10 5:19 PM (#33939 - in reply to #33933)
Subject: RE: What is rumbar flooring?

Elite Veteran

The flooring comes in planks but not having used them I don't know about the weight of them. I put equifoam down on my trailer floor and love it. It's about two inches thick and comes in either tongue and groove planks or flat planks of about 28 inches by 8'. They weigh about 25 pounds each. It took three to do my slant load 2H and I love it. They give a great deal of cushion to the horse, LIGHT AND EASY TO CLEAN (admittedly a biggie!) and my mare has pretty much given up pawing in the trailer. Was it a miracle cure for that (the reason I bought it) probably not. But it does help and they are so much easier than mats to deal with that I highly recommend them. You can search equifoam on the 'net and will have to fill out a questionnaire after which they have a salesman contact you from your area, but they were never high pressure and always helpful.
Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-12-10 10:10 PM (#33951 - in reply to #33933)

Extreme Veteran

Rumber is the trade name for rubber lumber.  It is used just like treated wood when a trailer is built, but there is no need for rubber mats.  It is tongue and groove, 2" thick, and has a 20 year limited warranty.  More than half the trailers we sell have Rumber flooring as a welcome option.  It makes keeping the trailer clean so easy - no heavy mats to drag in and out.  Just turn the hose on it.  The surface offers much more traction than rubber matting.   We love it, have a personal trailer with Rumber floor, a two horse that gets lots of use,  and couldn't be more pleased.   It is an optional feature with most brands, but costs less than replacing rubber mats just once.

I needed to add that there is NO wood in Rumber.  It is solid rubbery stuff made from recycled tires and milk bottles.

Edited by Kay 2005-12-10 10:12 PM
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-12-11 11:08 PM (#33968 - in reply to #33933)

Expert

I had rumber in my 2000 3 horse GN and now in my 2005 LQ. It works great. As the poster above said. No need to mats.  Easy to clean and held up very well.

It is made from recycled tires and is a rubber material that is formed into various shapes. My trailers had 2x6 tongue and groove planks on the floor and 1/4" maybe 3/8" sheets on the walls. The sheets have a pebble grained texture, the planks have slight grooves. It gives the horses good traction.  I usually threw a bag of shavings in my trailers to asorb urine and would sweep it out every month. And two or three times a year I would hose it out good. After 5 years of heavy use, it still looked great. A few of the grooves were wore down right under where the horses stood, but the rest looked like new.

Edited by Painted Horse 2005-12-11 11:15 PM
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-12-14 7:45 AM (#34051 - in reply to #33933)

Elite Veteran

I'm on my 2nd trailer with a rumber floor and I also agree that it's a wonderful floor.  My trailer's a '97 and is used 2-3 times a month for day rides and camping trips.  The floor is in great shape after 8 years of service.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)