'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
A question for Mr. Truck

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-12-06 4:55 PM
5 replies, 3358 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-12-06 8:57 AM (#33787)
Subject: A question for Mr. Truck

Elite Veteran

Ok, we go to the IH dealer the other day for some parts for my buddies 7.3 PSD and get to talking to the guy behind the counter about Ford Trucks and how much cheaper parts are from IH for the old PSD's etc. Anyway, during the conversation the guy says IH may be losing a portion of the FORD diesel business, as he says by 2007/8 Ford will be offering IH, Cummins and CAT motors as options. Any truth to this rumor? He said CAT is just finishing up the engine they designed for use in the pick ups. Cummins wouldn't be a strtch, as I've seen a few conversions over the years. And before anybody but Mr. Truck answers I will say it now, FORD does NOT own Cummins, and never has. They owned stock.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-12-06 11:45 AM (#33790 - in reply to #33787)
Subject: RE: A question for Mr. Truck

Expert

Originally written by efaubert1 on 2005-12-06 8:57 AM

Ok, we go to the IH dealer the other day for some parts for my buddies 7.3 PSD and get to talking to the guy behind the counter about Ford Trucks and how much cheaper parts are from IH for the old PSD's etc. Anyway, during the conversation the guy says IH may be losing a portion of the FORD diesel business, as he says by 2007/8 Ford will be offering IH, Cummins and CAT motors as options. Any truth to this rumor? He said CAT is just finishing up the engine they designed for use in the pick ups. Cummins wouldn't be a strtch, as I've seen a few conversions over the years. And before anybody but Mr. Truck answers I will say it now, FORD does NOT own Cummins, and never has. They owned stock.

SO, how much cred does the local parts counter guy have with you ?
Does he have a speshul inside track at Ford ?
Blue oval news used to have all this stuff, but I think FOrd got some injuctions against them for posting internal memos. http://www.blueovalnews.com/

There is a time period that I sometimes refer to as, "before I sold the Steinway". Not that I ever had a piece of furniture made by them, but I did have a small holding of LVB stock. Owning stock == holding equity.
I guess you need >50% to OWN the company.
I own a small part of Apple, Lucent too )-: and a few others.

LVB - part of the reason I bought it might have been the stock symbol (-:
efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-12-06 1:37 PM (#33795 - in reply to #33787)

Elite Veteran

Reg,

The IH Dealer here is pretty well connected. As in the IH plant is just down the street, as is their HQ and foundry. So I give a little credence to IH rumors here.

As for OWNWERSHIP, meaning controlling % of all stock or sole ownership. Otherwise you are a stock HOLDER. You own shares, but not CONTROLING Intrest in said company.

MrTruck
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-12-06 2:40 PM (#33798 - in reply to #33787)

Elite Veteran

Ford uses Cat, Cummins and Navistar in F650/750. Ford did take bids from Cat and Cummins on a pickup engine. Didn't sound like any change there, though that's suppose to be a big secret. In South America, Ford has 4 cylinder Perkins diesels in F250's. Ford had a car diesel partnership in Europe with Fiat and Renol. So they have hands in everything. The trucks they are trying to sell in China, Malaysia, etc. have Asian diesels. In Australia, Ford is selling F250 the 7.3L Power Stroke.

If you remember back in 97, the Ford Expedition was born with a E4OD that came in the F250/350 with the 7.3L PS. So the Expedition was inline to get the 4.5L baby Power Stroke before the F150. Then the president of Ford gave away the store in replacing the recall tires on the Explorer. He then in turn was fired, and his pet projects like the baby V-6 Power Stroke where scrapped. Well this came as a shock to Navistar that built a new 200 million dollar factory and was manufacturing the 4.5L V-6 baby Power Stroke for the (around) 2001 F150 and Expedition SUV. So the lawsuit started and Ford settled with Navistar. This was all going on around the time the 2003 all new 6.0L Power Stroke came out. And my theory that one of the reasons Ford had so much trouble fixing the new 6.0L PS, is that the builder, Navistar wasn't happy with Ford and what they did to the baby Power Stroke. The 2002 VT365 Navistar diesel in class 6 & 7 International trucks was the same engine as the 6.0L Power Stroke with very few problems its first year which was 11 months before Ford used the same engine in 2003.

Now that Ford and International are buddies again, in 2005 Ford came out with the Low Cab Forward class 4 &5 work trucks, with you guessed it the 4.5L V-6 baby Power Stroke. So Ford is finally using the V-6 diesel that started all the ruckus. So I'm still betting on that engine making it to the F150 and the new Long Expedition, maybe in 2007.

International just bought Workhorse RV chassis. So I think Ford will be more involved with International/Navistar with engines for all three classes of motorized RV's. Right now the Ford gas V-10 6.8L is the most popular gas engine in RV's.

Now if I could just get Mr. Mattern to spring for my trip to the Detroit Auto Show next month, I could send back pictures of the new Ford 2007 6.4L PS twin turbo and the new GMT-900 GM trucks and SUV's.

As far as company stocks, in the old days (eighties) with Junk Bonds and hostile take overs, it only took a 5% stock ownership to stage a take over. With major companies, it's takes a lot to own 5%. Old man Ford, could see this and one of the reasons Ford hasn't been taken over, is that Ford realitives are the major stock owners.

haul_n_horses
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2005-12-06 2:47 PM (#33800 - in reply to #33798)

Regular

"I could send back pictures of the new Ford 2007 6.4L PS twin turbo"

I would be willing to bet many people would chip in just so you could bring back some pictures of that truck.

MrTruck
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-12-06 4:55 PM (#33805 - in reply to #33787)

Elite Veteran

That sounds like an idea, I could even tour some trailer plants on the way out. "On the Road Again, just can't wait tell I'm on the road again." Send your money to Mr. Mattern c/o "Keep MrTruck out of my state fund."
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)