'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Wanted feedback on American Spirit and its conversion

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-12-12 1:25 AM
9 replies, 3333 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

lemannaide
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-27 3:41 PM (#33473)
Subject: Wanted feedback on American Spirit and its conversion

I was at the congress and viewed the AS and its conversion.  I loved the layout in the 12' more than any other in that shortwall.  I was also impressed with the quality in comparison to may high end and have not seen any in this size with this amount of storage and closet space.  They were also willing to customize some walls at no cost.  Also, what is an upgrade,(soft walls, raised panel doors,etc) is standard on their unit with Country design. 

I was looking through this forum and found people were not as pleased with their new coversion company, Country Design.  I would be curious to know why you though they were not as high quality as LSR Conversion.  Does LSR have the same layout that the 12' AS did at congress.  Also how do they compare in price. 

Any feedback from AS owners would help too, as to how pleased you are with the quality and service?  I have previously owned and have a Hawk, which is manufactured in WI, and have had super service with my dealer.  Tell me why I should go to AS ad its conversion people. 

Edited by lemannaide 2005-11-29 12:59 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
mi-farmer
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-11-30 5:26 PM (#33629 - in reply to #33473)
Subject: RE: Wanted feedback on American Spirit and its conversion

We were looking at american spirits as well, and really liked them. I (personally) was not impressed at the congress show with them. We bought A kiefer built there.  A year ago I thought we'd have an american spirit.  But like my husband said " you get what you pay for"  I think the LSR conversions were 2 or 3 hundred dollars more...but like He said you get what you pay for...look at how they are constructed, What the materials are etc. (were those doors 45degree cuts at corners and stapled together??? or was that something else we looked at?). was that cabinet frames that were used to trim the ceiling? I'd say if you like it then its ok, and you should get one. But I'd look around, We are very happy with our Kiefer Built, and the solid oak package made hubby very happy and comfy with our choice, though it cost more than we really wanted to pay at this time. but i keep hearin those words come from him " you get what you pay for" and I'm happy that he did.  Look around and get what you want. but also remember that you may want to sell, and the resale value can mean alot too.

probly noy much help, but I love my trailer, and hope you find one to love too

lemannaide
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-12-01 4:16 AM (#33643 - in reply to #33473)

Thanks for the feedback.  In looking at the construction of the Conversion at congress, no it wasn't decked out, but that is not what we were looking for.  What I was impressed with was the layout and the quality of the Country Conversion.  What is standard on their package, the soft touch walls, raised panel cabinet doors, pocket door etc, are all upgrades in several different packages that I ahve looked at.  Also , they said it would be no problem to do a 12' with a 10' bathroom size, leaving me even more room in the living area, so we can be comfortable enough without adding the slideout.  we are looking to stay about 36,000 for a 12 foot sw, 3 horse. 

Would still appreciate input!!!

figero
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2005-12-05 7:59 PM (#33762 - in reply to #33473)

Regular

I saw the American Spirit Trailers at congress also... I liked what I saw. I talked with the sales guys and gal, They said that  sales were way up with the new conversion company.  Also said that they could offer many different converters. I always felt that the first thing you should do is decide what trailer was best for you then decide on the converter that offers the best package for you. I don't understand why people let the dealer or manufacturer pick thier package without looking around. That said: I really like the Country Conversion package in the American Spirit. I don't think I saw more bang for the buck in Columbus this year. Good quality, Good floor plan and lots of Good stuff (I like the soft touch walls and ceiling).
Oscarfred
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-06 2:55 PM (#33802 - in reply to #33473)

I purchased An American Spirit at Congress 8310 with a Country Design conversion in it for my wife. she loves it. We traded in an Exiss. We got a great price and a very good trailer (and conversion) I would recommend anyone to give them a look see.
mi-farmer
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-12-07 7:28 PM (#33841 - in reply to #33473)

I was told by a freind that country designs , just a couple months ago was custom conversions, and a year before that was winsor conversions, both of them not honoring their warranties anymore. can it be they change their name to avoid the problems they have encountered before? When will they change their name again,and if they do will that warrenty be void also? My freind has a winsor conversion, with multiple problems and had to pay out of pocket for the repairs, because the owner now owns country designs, and is not liable for winsor problems....hmmm...she could be misinformed, but american spirit is not american spirit anymore...it is m&m spirit  dba american spirit...So is american spirit (not m&m) waranty now void too?? And what will their names be next year?  How long has contry designs been in business?  Where they come from? Where will they be next year when the trailer is falling apart?  My freind has a platnum by winsor.. and has dealt with this guy before. and her trailer is falling apart.  Is this the same company or is she misinformed?
haul_n_horses
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2005-12-08 5:43 AM (#33854 - in reply to #33841)

Regular

Well;

"So is American spirit (not m&m) warranty now void too??"

American Spirit as of January of 05' has been 'owned' by mm spirits but it is still American Spirit and it still honors ALL of their warranties.

"And what will their names be next year?"

We will still be American Spirit!

"How long has country designs been in business?"

If I remember right they have been in business for about 6-9 months now.

"Where they come from?"

The owner of Country Conversion was the owner of Windsor Design over 3 years ago.  But he sold the company for personal purposes and took a leave from the conversion world for awhile.  Now this is where my memory gets fuzzy because I didn't know the last owner of Windsor as well but he is the one that closed Windsor and opened custom conversions.  So if your friends trailer that is having all the problems with the Windsor Interior has had the interior for more than three years then yes it was done by the same guy who does Country Conversion.  But let me guarantee you that Country Conversion has every intent to honor every bit of their warranties just as the owner did when he still owned Windsor.

I hope this helped clear up anybodies confusion and if it didn't just let me know.

Edited by haul_n_horses 2005-12-08 5:46 AM
Oscarfred
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-08 9:00 AM (#33856 - in reply to #33841)

WOW! "I was told by a friend" "Seems to me" "What if" This is starting to like sound like a politician asking "do you still beat your wife". I don't think I read a single fact in that statement. Man I just bought a trailer that I really liked, and could afford. I havent Been around this forum very long. Do people often just throw something up against the wall to see if it sticks. I hope this isn't just someone just trying to de-value my investment: I LIKE MY TRAILER! It sounds to me like haul_n_horse has inside information, gives dates and facts and offers further information if you don't understand.
efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-12-09 8:09 AM (#33890 - in reply to #33473)

Elite Veteran

Oscarfred,

Haul_N_Horses is an engineer for American Spirit, and designs their trailers. Been there since the day it was founded, and a fine man in my opinion. He just doesn't try to be an arrogant ass when someone starts throwing what if, could be, and my friend said around. Just puts the real info out for those of us less informed folks.

lemannaide
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-12-12 1:25 AM (#33972 - in reply to #33473)

Since Congress I have had numerous conversations with AS and Country Conversions.  They both have been extremely helpful, which I can not say for alot of business.  When at congress, my dealer, who sells another line of trailers, went throughout the entire trailer, checking everything including welds, hinges, frame etc. said it was definately a well built trailer for the money.  He said this knowing that he may lose my sale to another dealer/company.  If you are trashing any company, I hope you do it with facts and not speculation. 

As many conversion companies only give a year warranty on their work, I would guess it was not the now owner of Country Conversions that did the faulty work.  When I looked over the entire conversion at congress, it was not shoddy work, but very well put together.  Many of their standard package items are upgrades with almost every other company I have researched. (soft touch walls, raised panel cabinet doors, pocket doors etc.)  As soon as my current trailer is sold, I am getting a Country Conversion.  I will write back after that with my results, which I have every reason to believe will be positive. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)