'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
How about a 3 horse Cimarron Trailer?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-28 4:37 PM
5 replies, 3495 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Mini Oaks
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-23 8:04 PM (#33387)
Subject: How about a 3 horse Cimarron Trailer?

Looking at a 3 horse Cimarron trailer with dressing area which I would want to convert to Living Quarters. Anyone have any experience with Cimarron trailers? Also, has anyone done a Living Qtr conversion themselves? How much trouble and estimated cost should I expect? Looking for someone in Louisiana that does conversions also.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-11-23 8:08 PM (#33388 - in reply to #33387)
Subject: RE: How about a 3 horse Cimarron Trailer?

Extreme Veteran

I love my Cimmaron - had it a year now and have been very happy with it. I've also done an LQ in it, but mine does not have running water or anything - I spend about $1500 or less. you can see pictures at my webshots album.
QHHUS
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-11-23 10:57 PM (#33396 - in reply to #33387)

I'll second the Cimarron trailer....I love mine too.   I have a 2004 3H Norstar with a 6 ft short wall that we are converting ourselves.   It has a couch, small kitchnette (with microwave & sink), a shower and closets.   We estimated the cost to be approx. $5,000.   I don't think you'll find a better trailer out there or a better company to work with.  
vsealnc
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-27 8:18 PM (#33483 - in reply to #33387)

I went trailer shopping and got to look at a new Cimarron.  I thought the trailer was absolutely awesome!  The fit and finish in my opinion was way better than an Exiss.  Very impressed.

qhgirl
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-11-28 12:20 PM (#33515 - in reply to #33387)

Veteran

Just trying to get everyones opinions and thoughts.  What makes them so aweseome?  What do you like on them, compared to another trailer?
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-11-28 4:37 PM (#33526 - in reply to #33387)

Extreme Veteran

I have a 2004 Norstar CM (Cimmarron) with a 10' LQ by Trail Boss.

What I like:
-The divider slam latches, I really like those, so easy to use.
-Flow thru dividers
-The handles on the windows are within reach (I'm 5'6")
-The hay rack is heavy duty compare to those I've seen on Exiss and a few others.
-The construction of the roof provides insulation. The inside of my trailer must be a good 10 to 15 degree cooler in the hot summer (Texas) Even when it has been closed up in the hot sun. My walls are not insulated.
-I like the way the walk thru door is put in the trailer. In the Exiss (2000) my horses would step on the trim around the door. Why it was even there, I could never figure out.
-The heavy duty floor. I expect that I will never have any problems with it.
-The way the wall matts are installed. Nice clean, neat installation.
-Finish in the stall area is very clean/smooth.
-The rear door latches. It has the bars that latch at the top and bottom and then the latch has a built in key lock.
-I like the style of the trailer. Which I think is personel preference, but I just perfer the way it looks. I like the Elite, Hart & Bloomer appearance also.
-The extra head room in the bed area. I can sit up in bed with no problems. So cam my husband.
-The bars on the head drop windows. The bars are attached to the windows so you don't need screens. The bars are easy to drop if you want to let your horse hang her head out while your parked.
-Heavy duty windows, head & butt. Strong hinges on the windows.
-I like the saddle rack. My saddles don't fall off or slip around.
-Mangers are easy to clean. No little spaces for stuff to get stuck in.
-Fit & finish. I can't find anything on it that looks like poor finish work.

What I'd change:
-My trailer came with a pull out step for the LQ. It can be hard to get out. I'm going to replace it with a flip down. I understand the new ones come with flip downs only.
-I'm going to have a combo lock put on my LQ door. I got locked out at a show. Someone had a Cimarron and their key fit my trailer walk through door. Good news for me at the time, but I think I'd like a little more security.

-Betty
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)