'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
dressing area weekender conversion?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-28 10:34 PM
6 replies, 3689 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

dbelling
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-11-23 5:15 PM (#33385)
Subject: dressing area weekender conversion?

Regular

I just purchased a trail-et 2 h b.p with a dressing area.  Are there any ideas or plans to convert the dressing area into a neat little place to sleep and possibly have a refrig and cooktop.  Maybe it is too small but I would like to know of anyone out there has done that. The model is a newyorker thorospirit.  I was thinking that somehow a foam pad could be on a wood platform that drops down from the ceiling only when needed. My poor husband....I come up with a lot of ideas and then he can usually make them into reality.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-11-23 9:17 PM (#33391 - in reply to #33385)
Subject: RE: dressing area weekender conversion?

Elite Veteran

What are the dimensions of your floor? Have you considered a platform on the order of a drop leaf table? The legs fold up against the wall and the platform drops on top of them until needed. Might be easier than a ceiling drop down and could be used as shelves if needed too. May I borrow your husband? Mine thinks "do it yourself" means he signs the check instead of me!
Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-11-28 8:02 AM (#33502 - in reply to #33385)

Extreme Veteran

I've seen a 2' shortwall with a small fridge, sink and micro.  It was a tight fit (and taller countertop) but can be done.
Mine has a 4' shortwall, the link is below.
qhgirl
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-11-28 9:48 AM (#33505 - in reply to #33385)

Veteran

What are the dimentions?  Where is the DR door located?  What does the layout look like?

I have a few good ideas.

dbelling
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-11-28 7:04 PM (#33534 - in reply to #33391)

Regular

Hi-Thanks for responding to my question.  The dressing area can be viewed on http://www.trail-et.com/

web site. It is the New Yorker 2 horse bumper pull model, the dressing area is 72"wide and the longest part from the nose to the wall next to the horses is 4'10". 

dbelling
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-11-28 7:04 PM (#33535 - in reply to #33502)

Regular

Hi-Thanks for responding to my question.  The dressing area can be viewed on http://www.trail-et.com/

web site. It is the New Yorker 2 horse bumper pull model, the dressing area is 72"wide and the longest part from the nose to the wall next to the horses is 4'10". 

qhgirl
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-11-28 10:34 PM (#33542 - in reply to #33385)

Veteran

With it being a straight load, that is going to be difficult to do everything you want.  You can get AC built in, or just a fan vent in it.  You can put a bench and such, even drop down bed, but keep in mind your saddle/bridles, extra chairs, tack trunks and sweaty saddlepads are also going to be up there.

That is why I want a rear tack, to keep those 2 things seperate.  Personally I would but enough in it to stay in and be comfortable but not enough for cooking and such.  I would suggest fridge and microwave and bed/pull down bunk!

I used to do searches on this site for bumper pulls with LQ, and there are a few.  See what options they have and what floorplans they use. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)