'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Older used Sundowner questions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-22 9:19 PM
1 replies, 2681 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

MCPMalachi
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-11-21 5:21 PM (#33308)
Subject: Older used Sundowner questions

I just looked at a '93 2-horse bumper pull Sundowner this evening with a few problems. First off, the plywood in the ramp needs replaced (no biggie), but the ramp was REALLY heavy and I need to know if this is a normal issue with this type of trailer, or if the springs need replaced. How does one determine if the springs need replaced? The springs run horizontally along the edge where the ramp meets the floor of the trailer. Also, the floor boards run crossways on the floor, and not lengthwise. I've been told that this is a no-no. Should this fact negate even considering this trailer, or would it be reasonable $$$ to have the floor converted to lengthwise floor boards? I looked at this trailer for a friend, who is shopping for her first trailer. This trailer falls within her price range (barely), and it looked safe otherwise.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-11-22 9:19 PM (#33356 - in reply to #33308)
Subject: RE: Older used Sundowner questions

Expert

There is another recent topic on excessive ramp weight - and what might appear to be weight, but might be other factors. Please read that topic.

The boards lengthwise rule is good for trailers that have their floor supports (joists ?, they fulfill that role) running across the trailer. If the trailer in question has the boards running across it then it is at least possible that the floor supports run lengthwise. In other words, check underneath first to see if this is by design or by error.

Edited by Reg 2005-11-22 9:23 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)