'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-17 12:27 PM
15 replies, 4196 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ksranch
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-13 10:27 AM (#32967)
Subject: LQ trailers

New User

I am looking for an aluminum LQ trailer, and am looking for info on which trailers are built well.  So far, I have considered Cimarron, Hart, C & C, 4 Star and Sundowner - any comments on these or suggestions on others?  Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
roadranger
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-11-13 1:09 PM (#32973 - in reply to #32967)
Subject: RE: LQ trailers

Have you looked into Bison trailers?
Their all aluminum Stratus line looks real good to me, and their factory built LQ's look a lot more RV like than conversion companies. Their "mid-line" upgrade compares with the swankiest conversions, too.

I've noticed the weights on the Stratus trailers are 2000-3000 lbs heavier than other mfg's, which would indicate to me beefier built. They will also work with you on custom items, like suspension lifts, ramps, etc. Prices are pretty competetive too.

I'm not affiliated with Bison, or even own one yet, but I HAVE checked them out thoroughly along with the competition.
AbbyB
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-11-13 2:07 PM (#32975 - in reply to #32967)

Veteran

Not sure if a Silverlite dealer is east of the Mississippi or not - but if you can ck one of them out, pls do so.  They are very well built & their customer service has been top notch.  (& I bought mine second hand.)  I am NOT a Bison fan....but do like Elite, C&C, Platinum Coach, & used to like 4Star...haven't seen one lately & had heard about some changes that were not good...As close as you are to Columbus, OH, you should have gone to QH Congress last month & you could have had a great time comparing & shopping!

MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-11-13 3:47 PM (#32979 - in reply to #32967)

Extreme Veteran

I've really enjoyed my Exiss Event. I have no complaints at all, just that I wish I could use it more!!!

I know of at least 4 people I show with that own Exiss's and are very happy with them.

Start comparing features of these trailers and what you like over another one because the trailers you have listed are favorites among many people.

Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-11-13 6:54 PM (#32985 - in reply to #32967)

Extreme Veteran

4Star
Elite
Silver Star
diamond_j
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-11-14 7:31 AM (#32998 - in reply to #32967)

Regular

Check out Integrity and Elite trailers.

QHHUS
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-11-15 10:01 AM (#33044 - in reply to #32967)

I have a Cimmaron Norstar and I cannot say enough good about the trailer.   We absolutely love ours!   We were very impressed with the flooring system they use and the welds on our trailer are so nice.    You won't find a manufacturer that offers better service either.   I took my trailer back to the plant which is only 20 min from home so I could have them re-caulk a window and install another outside step.   They even called a couple days later to follow up and make sure I was happy!!!  I've owned new Harts and 4-Stars and NEVER had that happen with them.   In fact, 4-Star's customer service just flat out was terrible.  

Also, if you are looking for a conversion company, check out www.warriorconversions.com.   I saw one of their trailers at the World show and all I can say is "WOW"!!   Good luck with your purchase!

hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-11-15 1:30 PM (#33063 - in reply to #33044)

Expert

I've never had any problems with 4-stars service.  Maybe it's your dealer who is bad.
QHHUS
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-11-16 8:14 AM (#33097 - in reply to #33063)

I wish I could say it was just a bad dealer but unfortunately most of our experience was with 4-Star directly.   The very FIRST time we used our new trailer, the ramp bowed and the back doors would not close correctly.   We called the dealer, who was several states away, they had us directly contact 4-Star.   4-Star refused to take any responsibility for the damage and refused to pay for repairs.   They claimed that our horse must have done the damage.   We were hauling a 15 yo gelding that had been trailered all over the place, hardly the cause.   Regardless, this was the first time the trailer had been used and was still under warranty.    Our dealer finally got involved after they told us that 4-Star had also not given good service to some of their other customers.   The dealer submitted the repair bill to 4-Star to be paid.....that was 4 years ago and we are still waiting for a check!!!    In the meantime, the dealer dropped 4-Star because of the service issues and is now selling Platinums.   I used to be a die-hard 4-Star lover (I bought 3 of them new) but IN MY OPINION, I think their quality has really went downhill lately.   I've heard lots of others say the same thing too.   I wouldn't ever buy another one due to this past experience.  

Edited by QHHUS 2005-11-16 8:15 AM
hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-11-16 9:45 AM (#33106 - in reply to #33097)

Expert

See, that's what I mean.  The dealer should have taken care of the issue, not sent you to deal with the company itself.  I have had only a few issues, a bad brake which was immediately replaced, a piece of rubber seal came off and a bit of the decal stripe came loose.   Everything was fixed without questions.
QHHUS
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-11-16 11:34 AM (#33115 - in reply to #33106)

I'm glad to hear that you have gotten good service from them.  Like I said, I've had 3 of them and had a good experience with the first two.   Regardless of who should have handled the situation, I was just very disappointed that 4-Star did not stand behind their product or their warranty on this last trailer.   I'm not trying to be arguementative, I just wanted to relay my experience with them.     
sable812
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-11-16 12:21 PM (#33119 - in reply to #32967)

Veteran

I have had 4 Star trailers continually since 1993. I have never had ANY problems with any of them. I custom ordered two of the trailers and others I bought used. I have had a total of 4 4 Star trailers during this time. I think they are the best trailer on the market then Elite.

I too think the dealer is responsible for repairs.....just like in auto sales. You should not have contacted the manufacturer. You wouldn't call Ford and expect them to repay you for fixing a truck, would you. I would not buy from that dealer again.
QHHUS
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-11-16 1:39 PM (#33129 - in reply to #33119)

I didn't contact the manufacturer, the dealer contacted them for me and they all agreed we should work directly with them.   The reason the dealer put me in touch with them was because the trailer was in Indiana and the dealer was in Oklahoma.    There was not a 4 Star dealer close by in Indiana so the dealer wanted the manufacturer to oversee/advise repairs since the trailer was still under warranty.   The repairs ended up being done by a semi trailer repair place under 4-Stars guidance.     All we wanted was for 4-Star to stand by their product and pay for repairs and none of that was ever done!!! 

sable812
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-11-16 2:33 PM (#33130 - in reply to #32967)

Veteran

I still feel the dealer is responsible. That is what a dealer is supposed to do for the money he makes off the sales of trailers. He should see that you get your money back. Have you talked to him about this?
melee26
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-16 5:19 PM (#33141 - in reply to #32967)

How about Kiefer Built?  They have an excellent warranty.  They have all aluminum (Genesis) and steel frame/aluminum skin (Evolution). 

The Evolution has a new flooring available - kind of like huge rubber planks that sit on the steel frame (I think I have it right) - never rot/rust/etc.

Blueduck
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-17 12:27 PM (#33184 - in reply to #32967)

4-Star should have paid for the repairs. If the dealer was closer & had made the repairs then 4 star should still have paid for the repairs. When someones Ford or GM breaks underwarranty the dealership gets paid by the manufactorer. Regardless of what brand of trailer good service is a BIG issue.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)