'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ door location

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-15 1:43 PM
6 replies, 2887 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

melee26
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-11 10:02 PM (#32930)
Subject: LQ door location

I am buying my first LQ.  Which side for LQ door? 

It will have awning and escape door.  Everyone seems to use last stall for storage/mud room entrance, so wouldn't it be better with both under awning (can see getting 2 awnings)?  Any other thoughts/experiences?

THANKS

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jackel440
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-11-12 3:14 AM (#32932 - in reply to #32930)
Subject: RE: LQ door location

well here is a few things to consider.Do you want your door on the road side, if you have to stop on the road to get in the trailer traffic could be dagerous,but do you go camping with others wheremaybe you have to back into a camp site beside each otherand if your door is on the road side and thiers is on the curb side your camps face eachother.I know a few people that have thier trailers like this so they can open thier awnings toward eachother and have the site all under shade.

then again you could have two awnigs or two doors?the options are endless.lol

MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-11-12 9:23 AM (#32936 - in reply to #32930)

Extreme Veteran

Having the LQ door on the road side really isn't much different than getting in and out of your truck in traffic as the driver's side is in the way of traffic. Whether you want the LQ door on the  traffic side or the curb side is up to you. This forum can give you their opinions but you have to remember they have all just gotten used to the set-up they have. Some don't like the door on the curb side because they have to "crawl' under their GN.  Usually the tanks and water hookups are on the curb side so having the door on the same side can be nice. If you camp, many of the campsites are setup for curb side doors so you will face the fire pit/picnic table.

If you do use the first stall for storage/mud room then yes having the LQ door on the same side and having an awning would be beneficial.

Another thing to consider is when you have the LQ door on the curb side your LQ configuration will be different than if the LQ door was on the driver's/road side.

Just start looking at trailers that have different door setups and see what works for you and realize that you will get used to any setup you buy.

My trailer has the LQ door on the driver's side and I do use the first stall as a midtack per se and it is nice to be able to go in and out of those doors side by side.

Good luck!! You will love having a living quarter trailer!

pegasus
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-11-12 10:41 AM (#32941 - in reply to #32930)

Regular

good advice from MIfarmbabe (love that handle)she's right, you adapt to your arrangement. there's a thread here from Oct 17 that discusses this topic, or you can do a search to see all the threads on door location. my opinion still is I like the door on the curb side, but I have a walk through door which makes the arrangement work well. most of the camps I have been to require you to back into the site and the picnic area is on the curb side with electric and water hookups on the drivers side. personally, if I have to get out of my truck in traffic, I slide over and get out of the curb side anyway. I remember a really harrowing adventure on Interstate 40 in Arkansas one summer sunday in a downburst of rain. one windshield wiper went nuts and I had to stop, get out, crawl up on the slick hood and do some truly inspired southern engineering to it so I could get to the next town and buy replacement wiper arms, not just blades. Trucks were whizzing by about 80 mph, it seemed only about a foot away from me, and there's no way I'd have opened that drivers door. I was pulling a stock trailer with furniture, not my LQ gooseneck that time. But if I had been, having the LQ door on the curb side to get in and get dry could only be a good thing, Martha!!
melee26
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-12 6:04 PM (#32956 - in reply to #32930)

Tha ks for the info.

I tried a search first, nothing came up.  You must have used something different!

MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-11-12 6:33 PM (#32957 - in reply to #32930)

Extreme Veteran

Here you go........

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=2814

hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-11-15 1:43 PM (#33068 - in reply to #32930)

Expert

I always prefer to have the LQ door on the curb side and I arrange the LQ configuration around it.  Most LQs do have the door on the curb side.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)