'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Mckinley trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-12 2:35 PM
2 replies, 5493 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Lori T
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-11-10 6:14 PM (#32896)
Subject: Mckinley trailers

Anybody have a Mckinley trailer? Any opinions on them?

Thanks,

Lori

www.calypsofarm.piczo.com

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
halfpass
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-11 1:23 PM (#32915 - in reply to #32896)
Subject: RE: Mckinley trailers

MnKinley Enterprises? They sell only Calico and have renamed it a "Longhorn"....kind of odd to change the name, but I guess it keeps folks from shopping out the price.
jillian
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-11-12 2:35 PM (#32954 - in reply to #32896)
Subject: RE: Mckinley trailers

I bought a 2 horse slant,stock side, with swinging dressing room divider.  It is not a bad trailer for the price. The outside paint is holding up ok, but the ceiling on the inside is rusting. 

They were very nice and even put a different electric hook up so that it would plug into our f-250. 

Now some of the drawbacks that are relevent to me.  The trailer is fine for short distances, but when we evacuated my horses were very hot. 

Divider Latches:  They are pin style that rust without regular maintenance and sometimes have been difficult to latch and unlatch.  When latched they allow the divider to rattle louder than I would prefer.  The divider rode up enough once (from the hinge side) that it took 2 people to free the divider.  I have a nervous horse so this was quite an issue.  We are currently shopping for a trailer with slam latches that don't have a tendency to stick.  Not much selection in northwestern florida.  

One of my horses is just fine with the trailer, but one of my horses isn't comfortable in the trailer.  The second horse slot is very tight for my 14.2.  There is no chain or rings  across the escape door or the rear door, makes it more difficult to load the last horse.  There is a vertical bar in the center of the horse side of the dressing room wall.  It rubbed a place on my horse. 

One of my horses is just fine with the trailer, but one of my horses doesn't like the noise and space issues.

The suspension system on my trailer is not as smooth as some on the market.

The trailer is supposed to be a 2-3 horse.  There is no ring to tie to in the front(dressing room) area, no ventilation unless you completely remove the dressing room wall (which also rattles).  This wall is very heavy.  Even then there is very little air circulation.

There may have been changes since I bought mine.  Again, the McKinleys were very nice.  The trailer is good for the price, but I am going to have to buy a more expensive galvanized steel or aluminium trailer to fill my (nervous horse) requirements.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)