'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
chaparral trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-10 9:52 AM
3 replies, 4156 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

tuck
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-09 10:35 AM (#32848)
Subject: chaparral trailer

New User

IM A MOM  FIRST TIME BUYING A HORSE TRAILER.. IM TRYING TO GET THE MOST FOR MY $$.. IM LOOKING AT A CHAPPARALL DELUX 2 HORSE WITH DRSG ROOM/TACK.. IS THIS A SAFE TRAILER.. IT IS A SLANT LOAD WITH DIVIDERS REMOVABLE. IT HAS  A HINGED SWING GATE THAT SEPARATES HORSE AND DRSG ROOOM.. IT IS A PRETTY TALL WALL BUT NOT ALL THE WAY TO TOP OR BOTTOM.. MAYBE A 4" OR LESS OPENING AT BOTTOM(COULD HORSE GET INJURED?)  THE TRAILER IS BRAND NEW 2005.  $3665+TX IS THIS A GOOD BUY FOR THIS TRAILER.. THANKS
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-11-09 6:07 PM (#32865 - in reply to #32848)
Subject: RE: chaparral trailer

Expert

sorry dont know much about a chap.  the removable slant wall is handy though. as for the horse getting hurt, there are plenty of easier ways than a movable slant wall. youll have a hard time finding a new trailer that isnt "safe", some of the cheaper trailers wont stay that way as long though, stress cracks, rust through etc....we are talking years here, not months.

HELLO chaparral owners, im sure someone can help her out with some first hand.

barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-11-10 6:57 AM (#32881 - in reply to #32848)

Veteran

Chapparals http://www.chaparraltrailers.us/ are in my opinion a standard quality steel trailer similar to WW and maybe a bit better than a Pondarosa.  I don't think they are as good as the Dakota Deluxe CM steel trailer that I have now.  There are many Chapparal dealers (several on this website under trailer dealers with websites) so a price should not be hard to determine for a used trailer.  In my experience with steel trailers, buying new (after shopping around) can be just as good of deal as buying used.  Since steel trailers with few options don't cost big $$ to begin with - a 50% depreciation just doesn't lower the price that much.
Ike
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-11-10 9:52 AM (#32885 - in reply to #32848)

Veteran

Hello Tuck & Welcome to this forum. I looked for over a year at used trailers and ended up buying last year a New Chaparral 3H Slant GN with 6ft shortwall.  We wanted to build our own weekend camper LQ and it fit the bill. I've had the trailer about a year now and love it. No problems so far, seems a good buy for the $$. Mine is 7ft wide and 7ft tall. Good Luck!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)