'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
DreamCoach - window latches

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-10 6:49 AM
5 replies, 3821 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

qhgirl
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-11-07 10:53 AM (#32778)
Subject: DreamCoach - window latches

Veteran

Ok so am I the only one that has issues with the way that dreamcoach puts window latches on?  Has anyone seen this?

I went to look at a DreamCoach and it had two latches that you have to pull to open the one drop down window, which if you were 7 foot tall, would not be a problem, so I attempted to try to drop the window...  It was quite comical yet scary at the moment.  I crawled up and held myself up (I am 5'5) used the tie hook to hold myself up on balance over the tires and attemped to open the double latches... finding myself falling down, twisting my ankle and fell on another trailer (man my back hurts today).  It was a sturdy window, but man if I had to drop those windows all the time,  I would never be able to.

That is definatly something that I am going to make sure I look at upon my trailer search.

The other thing I didn't like is that you have to open the horse area, before you can open the rear tack.  I didn't like that feature either. 

To each his own opinion but they definatly didn't make "woman" friendly windows that is for sure!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Champhorse
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-11-08 9:13 AM (#32802 - in reply to #32778)
Subject: RE: DreamCoach - window latches

Veteran

I just picked up my new trailer last weekend (yeah !!!) and I ordered the low latches on the drop down windows. I can tell you that the upper latches, which are standard, would be a real struggle for me also. However, 4-Star does put handles next to the windows to at least give you something to grab on to. There is also a running board all the way around the trailer to give you something to step up on. Isn't is amazing what little things you find when looking at trailers that make you wonder what engineering genius designed that. Some of the features aren't very user friendly.
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-11-08 9:24 AM (#32805 - in reply to #32778)

Extreme Veteran

You could add those little flip down steps to be able to reach the windows.
www.coolhorse.com has them for $6.50, they are called cleat steps.

My CM has the latches on the side of the windows, which is still a reach
for me, but is alot better than if they were on the top.

-Betty

pegasus
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-11-08 10:09 AM (#32808 - in reply to #32778)

Regular

I'm 5'7" and am able to just reach the latch on my drop-down windows so I can handle that part, but I use a folding step ladder (with two steps and handle) to reach the latch and then am standing on a stable surface to tie my horse without precariously perching on the running board. 

Had some nasty bruises on my upper arm from hanging onto the sharp-edged window ledge bracing to tie before finding the step ladder. the ladder hangs upside down across three bridle hooks just inside the first stall door (which I use for storage, no horse there!). a bungee cord keeps it from moving around.

Works great. in fact, the ladder is handy for all kinds of things around the trailer and truck, cleaning up high, changing the tag or light bubls, etc.

qhgirl
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-11-08 1:05 PM (#32815 - in reply to #32778)

Veteran

You should see the size of the bruise on my back/lower hip area.  It is nasty.  Hubby of course had to ask if I was having problems why did I keep trying to get it.  Of course that is the "easy" way to discover I don't like the double latches, I have to put it over the top by getting hurt!  :)  ha ha!

Going to look at the "steps" just to see what they have also.  Thanks! 

It does crack me up to see all the ingenious things that some trailer people do... sometimes not thinking about the real people who use them!  :)

gus
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-11-10 6:49 AM (#32880 - in reply to #32778)

Veteran

qhgirl

i know where you can get a tool that will open the windows also the vents inside the trailer and will unlatch the trailer

www.trailerhitchboss.com

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)