'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Rust: a deal-breaker?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-07 6:38 AM
2 replies, 2505 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mannabell
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-11-06 9:14 PM (#32758)
Subject: Rust: a deal-breaker?

I searched the board on "rust" but didn't really find an answer to my question, so here goes:I looked at a really nice 2/3 H slant today, 1994 Morgan Built, regularly serviced, with good tires, brakes, breakaway battery, wiring and roof; within my price range. The only drawback is that there is quite a bit of superficial rust, especially on horizontal surfaces, not very skillfully repaired. The roof however is pristine.Overall the trailer is solid, floorboards, roof and mats are in great shape, and it is very clean. I am not sure if the rust is a real problem, as it appears to be truly cosmetic as opposed to structural. But I only say that because the trailer was really solid and sturdy, with no apparent weak points. I am no expert. It felt really solid, and when I looked underneath, I saw the same superficial rust, but floor boards and frame were solid; in fact nothing that wasn't solid as a brick sh!thouse. My buddy is an auto body fanatic, and would help me with dealing with the rust if I wanted to make the trailer look perfect. I am more concerned about safety than appearance. What else would I look for, or should I pass on this trailer because there is superficial rust? Thanks in advance,Mannie
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rotag
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2005-11-06 9:59 PM (#32761 - in reply to #32758)
Subject: RE: Rust: a deal-breaker?

Veteran

Almost all steel trailer and trailer parts even on aluminum will surface rust. As long as it isnt buble rust or severly pitted it should be ok. However if it bothers you pass on it.
mannabell
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-11-07 6:38 AM (#32767 - in reply to #32758)
Subject: RE: Rust: a deal-breaker?

Rotag, what is bubble rust? I think that is what I am seeing.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)