'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Opinions Wanted on Titan Steel Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-11-04 8:30 AM
7 replies, 3368 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

radr
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2005-11-02 9:59 PM (#32620)
Subject: Opinions Wanted on Titan Steel Trailers

New User

We are looking at a Titan Classic to buy. Anybody own one ? Hate It ? Love It ? Let us know
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hconley
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-11-02 10:23 PM (#32621 - in reply to #32620)
Subject: RE: Opinions Wanted on Titan Steel Trailers

Extreme Veteran

I have a 2005 Classic II, would have liked open dividers, and 40/60 doors. Rumble flooring is another option, had it in my 2002 trailer and liked it. I replaced the factory mats with 3/4" mats. If you travel gravel roads alots, I would recommend getting the Renagade package. Have pull this trailer 8000 to 10,000 miles and I like it. My wife and I went to the factory in July of last year to look around and it was hot, the white trailers were the coolest of any color. 

Edited by hconley 2005-11-02 10:46 PM
nd deb
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-11-03 7:58 AM (#32627 - in reply to #32620)

Veteran

i have a 98 titan renegrade II and like it.  It still looks pretty new and is holding up well.   when i was looking at the time in 98 it had alot of options standard which alot of the other trailers you had to buy.     It has been a real nice trailer.  I have gotten alot of compliments on it.  It was one the first ones to have the smooth skin on the outside and alot of people thought it was alumium.   I do know alot of people get the white but i have seen some of those later and the paint is chipped off but then that was in the 98 model.  they got the gavlnell coating now so it probably holds up better.  Mine is a charcoal grey and it isnt that hot in there.   if i had could figure out on to post a pic on here i would.  the one i have is a sharp looking trailer.     i have been thinking about getting different trailer and if i buy steel i would buy another titan but then i was thinking towards an alumium elite.   titan may come out with an aluminum trailer one of these days.  if so i would buy it. 
Champhorse
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-11-03 11:20 AM (#32640 - in reply to #32620)

Veteran

I have 2 friends that both have Titans....one is an Avalanche and I'm not sure what the other one is. They both bought them new and have had them for less than 2 years. Both trailers are showing some rust and the one enclosed trailer has had some leaks. Other than that, they are both satisfied with what they got for the price they paid.
nd deb
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-11-03 12:08 PM (#32642 - in reply to #32620)

Veteran

showing rust?  were they white color?   seems like in the yr I have the white ones seemed to show rust more easily.  but now they are warrantied for 5 yrs I thought.  mine is just starting to get some in places that it isnt as noticeable.  I have some chips from gravel roads but it isnt bad.   For the age of my trailer i think it is holding up real well.   still looks pretty new.

tigers1962
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-11-03 3:11 PM (#32652 - in reply to #32620)

We have a 98 Titan Classic II and there is not one speck of rust on it anywhere.  It has not always been shedded but is now that we own it (2 years now).  The trailer is a pretty rich colored red with the smoke colored tinted windows in the LQ area.  The ONLY thing I don't like about this particular trailer is that there is no headroom in the bunk.  I am claustrophobic and would like a little more space, but I have learned to deal with it.  The trailer doesn't seem to be too heavy to pull.  It is also galvoneal.  We are very pleased with the way it has held up.  Ours has traveled gravel roads many times, but we've had a rubber type substance sprayed underneath the front side of the trailer under the gooseneck to keep rocks from ruining the paint.  I too would post a picture of it if I knew how.  We would buy another Titan trailer if we ever needed to.
Champhorse
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-11-03 3:43 PM (#32653 - in reply to #32620)

Veteran

Yes, both of their trailers are white. The only places they are showing a little rust (actually it's more like rust coloration) is on the doors and door hinges, a little around a couple of seams, and near the hitch. Neither trailer is kept under a roof. I don't mean to imply that there has been complete rusting out with holes visible, but there is discoloration / initial stages of some minor rusting.
Kansashoss
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-11-04 8:30 AM (#32684 - in reply to #32620)

In Aug '03 I ordered an '04 Titan Classic 2 and it is a fabulous trailer.  I gave the dealer the specs and she said the company would have it ready in 4 weeks.  She was wrong, they had it ready in three weeks, very nice.   I purchased a 2 horse slant load GN, 5' short wall, walk through door, drop downs on the head, camper door in the DR.  Mine is white and holding up fine on our gravel roads.  Running boards, like on the Avalanche model, would make it perfect.  The latches are all secure and still work fine.  Welding is smooth and the removeable parts- dividers and rear tack- are female friendly in that I can remove all the parts sans any help which is important to me.  Nothing worse than having something you can't use unless someone is their to help you change it.

Here is the coolest thing about the company.  Late last fall I phoned the company to get a replacement rubber "stopper", the thing that the door prongs fit into to stay open on the hold backs.  The one on the DR door had split.  The employee in Waterville took my name and mailing info so I figured she was going to send me a form via snail mail.  Heck no, two days later the new rubber stopper arrived, at no charge for the part or mail.  It has been a long, long time since I've dealt with a company with customer service like that.

I'd purchase any Titan trailer in a heartbeat.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)